Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dell Inspiron 15 i5558-5716SLV. Your opinions.

Default Dell Inspiron 15 i5558-5716SLV. Your opinions.

I am thinking of purchasing this laptop next month. I would like some opinions.
    To God be the Glory

What will you be using the laptop to do, school/work, gaming, hyperv?

Looking at the specs though 8GB is nice because, that gives you some space to have more apps running, and works well with hyperv
    and i5 is also good in terms of speed for games and emulation, and overall processing speed
    it has an intel hd graphics which I know is good for emulation graphics of Wii along with the i5, not sure if that is that great with hi-end grphics intense games

I use windows 8, I have not tried 10 yet

Some of these Dell Laptops have a mini sata port (mSata) I think it is called, you can upgrade that port (if one is present) with another drive but the drive has to be a mini sata SSD which is much smaller than the regulr 2.5 inch SSD drive
    Another maybe, is the 1TB drive might be a Seagate SSHD hybrid between SS and HD
    I would say to download the user/service manual and take a look through it to see the actual hardware inside

Otherwise Dell is an OK brand, care the laptop by running it on a flat surface which allows ventilation.
    Do not leave the adapter plugged in for days, with the battery in. It is better to take out the dell battery, and plug the laptop in a ups, if you are going to leave it unattended for days, and make sure it is ventilated.

The price for what you are getting seems OK since you are getting a 1080p display with touch screen
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

This is the model I was looking at but I guess you could get variations of it
    http://www.amazon.com/Dell-i5558-571.../dp/B014ILI2H4
    $618.79

I do not see anything saying msata is supported, phooey
    http://en.community.dell.com/support...518/t/19639295

Manuals & documentation for your Inspiron 15 5558
    http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...laptop/manuals

Anyway this is what is msata
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FekhFkjF3E

Dell seems to get more sketchy about their spec, I could not find the brand name of the hard drive

Anyway, my opinion is , it seem like a nice laptop
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

What is the diference between the Dell Inspiron I5558-5716 and I5558-5717
    To God be the Glory

I'm going to make the purchase on Monday of the Inspiron 15 i5558-5716SLV from Amazon. I own a NOKIA Asha 306 on Digicel; which I'm using currently to write this. Will I encounter any issues preventing me from making that transaction? I've made many purchases from Amazon using the same credit card in the past. Shipping with Mailpac.
    Last edited by Danestar; Nov 28, 2015 at 02:23 PM.
    To God be the Glory

Amazon is very lenient with credit cards and shipping addresses so don't worry. Your card could be from the Jamaica and you can ship to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Danestar View Post
    I'm going to make the purchase on Monday of the Inspiron 15 i5558-5716SLV from Amazon. I own a NOKIA Asha 306 on Digicel; which I'm using currently to write this. Will I encounter any issues preventing me from making that transaction? I've made many purchases from Amazon using the same credit card in the past. Shipping with Mailpac.
    Your only problem with shipping to Jamaica is going to be with the charges customs is going to slap on you. Your best bet is to have it shipped to someone in the US who is coming or knows someone coming to Jamaica and have them take it. That being said you can have multiple shipping addresses for your Amazon account.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

I didn't make the purchase on Monday but I'll on Friday; I had to cut my order in two. Give me an estimate of how much it would cost to ship through Mailpac? It's valued at $535.00...
    To God be the Glory

I will not have any friends or relatives traveling anytime soon.
    Last edited by Danestar; Dec 1, 2015 at 07:27 AM. Reason: grammer
    To God be the Glory

Angry

I got it, the processor is not the one in the specs, the discription is Intel Core i5 5200U I got the 5250U opperating @ 1.6Ghz dual core. The package costed me $12,000.00 after much deliberation. I shipped through Mailpac.
    Last edited by Danestar; Feb 6, 2016 at 10:08 AM. Reason: grammer
    To God be the Glory