Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digicel FTTH in Kingston

Notice that there's a lower latency with FLOW for some reason. Would need to test the 25Mb on gaming.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

You mentioned using their router as a gateway only, can it be configured as such easily? My internal network is manually configured and it would be much easier to switch if that's the case. Will make pretty forwarding easiest as well which is a big concern. Do they allow you to log into their router to make changes?
    Google Nexus 6P™

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Notice that there's a lower latency with FLOW for some reason. Would need to test the 25Mb on gaming.
    All traffic leaves Jamaica through a link owned by Flow. So it would be virtually impossible to have less latency than the source. At best you can expect similar but certainly not lower.

Latency is also depends on which servers you are connecting to on the internet and is difficult to compare as it fluctuates depending on traffic.
    Last edited by psilos; Nov 14, 2015 at 11:04 AM.

any one has pics of the on demand offering? Also what about the jitter rate of connection? Does modem have backup power?

Re: Multiscreen... I actually thought multiscreen was some kind of PIP function but have realized it is their way of getting their iptv to my other devices.

I am not a TV watcher so I haven't used it much.

It was not working right after installation which they told me about.

A couple of days later I was able to sign into the DigicelPlay app and view a few channels.

It has been up and down and currently only a few channels work (reported).

No sports or news (SportsMax, ESPN, BBC, CNN, FOX) channels working.

It is quite similar to how iptv works on Kodi (but much more stable) which I have been using for over a year now.

It currently works (up to 5 devices via Digicel) only on my iOS9 iPAD air 4 but not on my Android 6 phone.

I do not own a TV so I do not know how it will work with your smart set software.

They also provide a server to store media on (already formatted)

I'm very security conscious so I'm not using that until they give me more control over the Huawei router at least.

DNS, Firewall, Wifi and port settings all locked off by Digicel. Huawei indicates we are supposed to have access.

Still studying their (Huawei) Router programming docs (Multi level, Very complicated, Not for the faint of heart) I much prefer Digicel gives us what we would expect as normal access without having to reprogram their equipment :-(.

Huawei makes a single ETH port/ Voip POTS port Gateway that I want to use but have gotten nothing but nonsense from Digicel "tech support" so far.

They have referred me to Digicel Business for that. When I make contact I'll forward any info.

Trace Route shows a local loop between 2 of their ip addresses when going out on the net.

I'm guessing that's where the TV all comes from. That loop, also in my case, seems to add latency when heading out to Google or other locations.

I'm also concerned that I'm getting lag due to even the most common ports being unpingable (NNTP, Mail, Dropbox, Instagram no UPnP)

Maybe one of our networking geniuses here could inform with more knowledge.

No battery backup on the router. When it loses power it is instantly off-line and has to recycle to reconnect... even for a split second power loss.

My Up/Down speed has been rock solid, as subscribed (24/7, 1 week) Since I complained of trouble 1 day after installation.

Regards...

Last edited by Tuxedo; Nov 16, 2015 at 02:27 PM.