Thread: Online Grocery Delivery Service in Jamaica

Default Online Grocery Delivery Service in Jamaica

Hey Guys,

For the umpteenth time, someone has decided to launch an online grocery delivery service in Jamaica, and this time, it happens to be a team I am working with, and trust me, it wasn’t intentional… it sort of fell into our laps.

So the back story is, we developed and online grocery delivery platform that sources products from Pricesmart, Sampars Cash and Carry, CB’s Pork Shop, Coronation Market, and Liquid Chem.

Each of these retailers are some of the cost leaders in the grocery market segment, and as a result, the prices you will find on Pantrypan are more likely to be lower than the prices you will find at Megamart, Brooklyn, Shoppers Fair, Hi Lo etc.

The entire founding team of Pantrypan actually met right here on techjamaica about 4 years ago, and I would like to extend an offer of free deliver on the first order to any techjamaica member who resides in the Kingston Metropolitan Area, Portmore, and in some parts of Rural St. Andrew (Not further than Stony Hill).

If you’re interested, just visit www.pantrypan.com, and click the shop now button.

Do I have to signup first (which I dont want to yet) to find out how the process work, unless you're doing some work on the website at the moment I dont see anything that explains anything.

Yes, you do have to sign up, and that's because the supermarkets believe their pricing information is propitiatory, and we don't want to make their prices publicly available. With that said, the prices we carry in our product catalogue are the same as what you will find in the store.

But, you can actually use the following demo account to browse the product catalogue; www.pantrypan.com, Email: guest@gmail.com, Password: cba321
    Last edited by Rafer; Oct 2, 2015 at 10:59 AM.

Props to you and your team. This looks good.

It would be nice to see the value proposition of your service up front. Show potential new clients what it is exactly they are getting when they use your service. A nice looking price comparison table, your prices against other retailers, for common grocery items. Such a table would work nicely in the extra space you have above or below the orange button.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Thanks gW33zY,

And your suggestions are noted.

I've been working on something similar for my final year project in college; you've given me a few ideas. I doubt mine will ever go live though.

Good luck with this, I hope we as Jamaicans can start to take advantage of the convenience of shopping online locally.

The 'Print This Page' feature on the confirmation page looks a bit dodgy tbh. Secondly, why can't the Address Book be edited from the profile page? Otherwise, I see no flaws so far.
    Moto G (2014) | 5.0.2