Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows programming resources?

Hey I did a sprite once too, it was an arcade fighting game. The graphics did look worse than sh.. and the goons were dumb. Doing it was basically cool. I used a game engine which had a sprite library, and it used the keboard through Win API.

At the time I did not like Win API so much because it confused me at times. Still, I did it because I loved programming and it was not bad technology. I also needed it for games and my desktop programs.

At the same time I started using MFC and Visual C++, and I like the GUI that was presented for creating Windows dialogs. This is not a high point of programming intest for me, but I do like how the VC GUI makes neat windows.

What I failed to do was to diversify myself into fields of databases and internet, as well as, use other languages. I find now that data warehousing, application development, and internet development are highly valued skills.

Nowadays I am learning ASP, SQL, DotNet & C# and web services. It is a lot but hopefully, I can catch it quickly. I did not just learn nothing since MFC. In earlier days, I touched on HTML, java and databases and any language or script that I was curious with, but not as much as serious developer as my concern was gaming. Even know I am not interested in internet or databases, but these two are well sought skills. I am into research personally, and I will use the "Dotnet" skill to hold a job in the field of application development until I can make the transition. So personally that is where my platform and language focus is at. (PS for research and gaming I would love work with Linux and other languages).
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

I have 7gigs of IT ebooks, 1.5gigs on C and C++. If Interested can give me a Shout along with a price offer. I have in HTML Help format, and PDF format.
    Nickname: Virus
    Education: B.Sc. Computer Information Science, Asc. Mass Communication, MCSD, MCSE and CCNA