Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Gadgets that will be dead soon

Default Top 5 Gadgets that will be dead soon

Any interest here in having a smart light bulb?

I have some TCP Lighting Smart Bulbs setup in my house, what of it?
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

I agree and disagree with some of these, i get where he is going. However I think there are better choices out there for this list.

GPS - as much as smartphones have improved the whole GPS thing, until smartphones can provide consistent service I a wide variety of areas as a dedicated GPS will be around for a long time. Example mountainous areas, low service areas etc. I'll hang on to mine for those long drives.

Bulbs - yea smart bulbs are great and all, but unless they drop a ton in prices and show consistent durability its gonna be a slow adoption. Plus not everyone wants a house filed with connected devices.

Consoles - until good broadband speeds (with no data caps) are available to a majority of the people localized gaming hardware will live on for a very longtime. Especially if ISPs follow the trend of Comcast and AT&T with data caps.

Point-and-shoots and dedicated fitness trackers i completely agree are on the chopping block.
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Sep 16, 2015 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    I have some TCP Lighting Smart Bulbs setup in my house, what of it?
    With all the connected devices out there I was just wondering if people really want yet another connected device in their house, especially something as mundane as a jazzed up light bulb.
    From your response apparently there is market for this.

I disagree with everything this guy said.

dedicated GPS wont be dead. Phone GPS isnt reliable and majority of users use only Gmaps which require internet connection/ cell signal for searching.

Consoles dead is he high? Consoles will evolve but never die. When internet is truely unlimited and has little to no latency then sure.

Bulbs -.- I dont even have to elaborate on that.

Point and shoot. No matter how good phone cameras get point and shoot will always have the ability to be better. they have alot more space to fit more powerful equipment.

Dedicated fitness devices. thats what the smart watches do these days. Fitness devices just evolved.

Thats my take on it all.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Vid Title should be Top 5 Gadgets that will evolve.

///
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Utter rubbish. What an idiot. Then again opinions are the cheapest commodity in existence. Shame on you CNet.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Well its CNET....i don't know what you guys expected.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    With all the connected devices out there I was just wondering if people really want yet another connected device in their house, especially something as mundane as a jazzed up light bulb.
    From your response apparently there is market for this.
    The utility of staying one room and having control of all the lights from a smartphone, or turning on the light at home while you are away is why I got them. Also, I am pretty big on privacy and security, with that said I couldn't think of a way in which light bulbs could jeopardize that. However, if we were talking about connected/smart door locks...
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    The utility of staying one room and having control of all the lights from a smartphone, or turning on the light at home while you are away is why I got them. Also, I am pretty big on privacy and security, with that said I couldn't think of a way in which light bulbs could jeopardize that. However, if we were talking about connected/smart door locks...
    I am planning to buy smart locks soon.

Whats wrong with them?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality