Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more Lime internet?

Default No more Lime internet?

So I just refreshed the tab I had opened in firefox for lime speedtest page and am being directed from lime.com to this link: https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/

Every since Lime bought out Flow I've been having bandwidth issues when streaming especially. I am on a 8 meg connection and have been able to stream 720/1080p youtube videos after letting it buffer about 10 seconds and then play video right throughout without it needing to buffer again, but lately it seems, especially in the afternoon to in the night that I can't even stream in 320p without having to buffer for more than 5 minutes to watch without it stopping.

Have a bandwidth reader widget and only have youtube streaming and seeing my download fluctuating between 60+ kbps to about 500+ kbps and my cap should be 800+ kbps.

Not to mention online gaming, especially League of Legends who just moved their servers closer to us, so now I'm getting pings as low as 70 ms. A while ago I just went in a match and was at 374 ms constantly and multiple modem reboots never helped at all.

I am not sure what's going on but I'm about to call and find out and can anyone using Flow mention if they are getting the same service or not?

Can't seem to do a speedtest on the Flow site Lime have up now, but doing it on speedtest.net provided this result that I am not surprised about:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4628845998
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

LIME done rasta... You should be seeing FLOW on your (LIME) mobile as well...

Since LIME flow internet at ma office gone to the dogs...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    LIME done rasta... You should be seeing FLOW on your (LIME) mobile as well...

Since LIME flow internet at ma office gone to the dogs...
    KMT and to think I used to look forward to getting Flow, now I'm wishing Lime never bought them out as seem they taking up Flow practices which affecting their long time customers.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    KMT and to think I used to look forward to getting Flow, now I'm wishing Lime never bought them out as seem they taking up Flow practices which affecting their long time customers.
    Government should have never approved it.

Smh
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I have LIME 8 meg connection, not having any bandwidth issues, hope it remains that way.

I gather they will be rolling out this week their revamped packages including their quad play services (+ Wifi). It would be interesting to see what changes LIME will make especially to prices now that they have total dominance of landline and broadband internet services once again.
    Any insight into weather Flow will soon abandon their residential DSL service?

whats causing the disturbance in reg internet speeds though? we at our company in mobay having problems from flow - (think its flow business 100mbit) - we had to switch momentarily to Jamaica digiport .. we do a lot of media related stuff that demands bandwidth
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    whats causing the disturbance in reg internet speeds though? we at our company in mobay having problems from flow - (think its flow business 100mbit) - we had to switch momentarily to Jamaica digiport .. we do a lot of media related stuff that demands bandwidth
    I want to know the same thing cause every time I call them they ask to do bandwidth test and it showing I getting my full speed, but when i start streaming it buffering as I mentioned. I know it not an issue on my end as I'm able to ping google and some other sites no issues, so think I'm going to call them again, cause not my connection at 1 mbps, sigh.

I want to know the same thing cause every time I call them they ask to do bandwidth test and it showing I getting my full speed, but when i start streaming it buffering as I mentioned. I know it not an issue on my end as I'm able to ping google and some other sites no issues, so think I'm going to call them again, cause not my connection at 1 mbps, sigh.
    When they have you those speedtest, aren't they testing the connection between your modem and their server? Or if they are more devious they ask you to use the their speedtest link so that they can prioritize connections to speedtest.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Honestly they've been a joke for a while. Hopefully with this merge and what not they can start doing what they should've done a long time ago. At late nights I get my proper speed outta the 8mbp/s ( around 885kbps ). But during the day? Garbage. With Flow this never happened, but then again that was cable... when I used it lol... I am just hoping I can switch to flows 20mbp/s plan and call it a day... (You know being that Flow = Lime)

---

I was hoping they would still roll out Fibre to home in my area so i don't have to fast this mess much longer, been putting up with it since December last year but past weeks its been really worse
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.