Anybody playing this?

I picked it up and it is a very fun game. The story as far as I've gotten isn't anything great, passable. the game play though, that's where it is it.
I'm fresh in the game still, but if anyone playing it you can add me on Steam. Trying to gather more friends to have access to a wider pawn variety.

So some key things about the game.
* As I understand it the original Xbox360/PS3 release didn't gather much love because the framerate was abysmal and some people even had it dipping to "unplayable" rates. This isn't an issue on the PC release though, smooth as butter. 4k Support but I barely have a standard monitor so I can't say how good that is lol.

* The combat is where the game shines it's an action combat game, where you fight large mosnters, and you can climb up on them and stab them in the face. Stab the Cyclops in the Eye FYI.

* There are 9 Vocations (classes) 3 Basic ones (Strider, Fighter and Mage), 3 advanced (Ranger, Warrior and Sorcerer) ones and 3 Hybird. (Assassin, Mythic Knight and Magick Archer) Your pawn though cannot be any of the Hybird Classes.

* Pawns, so about 30 minutes to an hour into the game you will create your first pawn. What pawns are basically is a permanent companion. They look like humans but according to the lore aren't, but rather are someone emotionless mercenaries that swear fealty to the Arisen (you). the interesting part about the pawn system is that they can be rented out basically. To friend or just online in general, likewise you can recruit 2 pawns. So you play in a party of 4. You, your main pawn and 2 pawns. The aim in this mini system is to make your pawn as strong as possible to get people to recruit them online. Pawns get ranks and the benefit of this is if someone takes your pawn they pawn learns from them, IE they might gather tips on quests or how to fight certain enemies or even where to find hidden items. Likewise the more knowledge and experience your pawn has the more likely it is for someone else to recruit them.

* The Steam release comes with the Dark Ascension expansion which adds a massive dungeon that's more of an end game content. Things there are much stronger and harder to fight. However since it is an action combat game if you are skilled enough you can play there from as early as you unlock it. (Level 6-ish) I have friends that play there exclusively and never played the story and are up to level 100. Haha.

Port Report