Thread: Windows 10 Can't login with my Fingerprint Reader

Question Windows 10 Can't login with my Fingerprint Reader

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out. I'm trying to get the fingerprint reader to work on the lock screen, but I'm not seeing the option to do so. I added my fingerprint to the Windows Hello option, but I still can't login from sleep or start up. I was able to use the fingerprint to try and change the password, so I know the reader is operational. Using the fingerprint reader was my go to way out unlocking my laptop, and now I find it tedious to always have to input my PIN or password.

Quote Originally Posted by frazbox View Post
    I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out. I'm trying to get the fingerprint reader to work on the lock screen, but I'm not seeing the option to do so. I added my fingerprint to the Windows Hello option, but I still can't login from sleep or start up. I was able to use the fingerprint to try and change the password, so I know the reader is operational. Using the fingerprint reader was my go to way out unlocking my laptop, and now I find it tedious to always have to input my PIN or password.
    What PC you using ?

ON my HP fingerprint still works without issue..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    What PC you using ?

ON my HP fingerprint still works without issue..
    Dell. It still works, just not seeing the option to login after setting up the reader.

Dell. It still works, just not seeing the option to login after setting up the reader.
    When you swipe does it log in?
    Seems you need to update the driver to a Windows 10 compatible version..

I don't use windows to manage my Finger Print reader, I use the drivers and reader software from HP.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    When you swipe does it log in?
    Seems you need to update the driver to a Windows 10 compatible version..

I don't use windows to manage my Finger Print reader, I use the drivers and reader software from HP.
    When I swipe l, it does nothing. But I can swipe to change the sign in settings. Oh well. Hopefully there will be some fix later on.
    Last edited by frazbox; Jul 30, 2015 at 06:28 PM.

When I swipe l, it does nothing. But I can swipe to change the sign in settings. Oh well. Hopefully there will be some fix later on.
    Somehow I got it to work. Uninstalled the driver and then reinstalled the software that installed the driver, and now I'm able to login with my fingerprint!

Kooolz..... good to go...