Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla Firefox kills Flash with HTML5

Post Mozilla Firefox kills Flash with HTML5

Kinda late with this news but posting for those who haven't used firefox in a while. About time this happened as really annoying to be installing new flash update by going to their website every time and not to mention all that memory it requires to run .

Die Flash Die!

Full article here: http://www.extremetech.com/computing...d-of-life-date

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Tech
    It’s not been a great week for Adobe. In the wake of the Hacking Team hacks that shared 400GB of data belonging to the secretive company, multiple 0-day exploits surrounding Flash and Java have been shared with the online community. Adobe has reacted quickly and patched the first wave of flaws, but a second set of problems was discovered yesterday, including another pair of 0-days. This has the tech community generally saying that enough is enough, with Firefox’s chief security officer, Alex Stamos, blacklisting Adobe Flash Player 18.0.0.203 and calling for a firm “end of life” date from Adobe.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Ming the Merciless must be rejoicing, (Sci-fi joke)
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Youngsters won't get it.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I'm not really a youngster and I don't get it? I must not be that much of a nerd .
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    Ming the Merciless must be rejoicing, (Sci-fi joke)
    Now that Flash Gordon is dead, I, Ming, do not have to worry about my daughter giving my legacy to a luser.

Everytime I see someone mention that flash is dead I wait patiently for them to drop something cool in HTML5 but alas nothing. I am living in a world of people who just watch videos all day. Its a sad state.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Everytime I see someone mention that flash is dead I wait patiently for them to drop something cool in HTML5 but alas nothing. I am living in a world of people who just watch videos all day. Its a sad state.
    What exactly do you mean by "drop something cool in HTML5" ? That part of your statement is a bit weird.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Only thing Flash is still needed for is flash games as youtube stop using them already, as they saying flash is very insecure.

You can get some more insight on this in one of joker Productions podcast. Not home so can't post link now.

Flash is at its "End of Life", its a feature that will be officially deprecated by year end.

Who remember back in the day if you wanted and website with cool animations and such Flash was the way to go. I am talking about Macromedia days. Now all thay fancy scrolls effects is handled by HTML5 and CSS3
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

The fact that they are able to put the whole of 'The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past' entire map in your HTML5 browser says it all:

Link to sight with Map:

http://jadsdsengine.com/zeldalivemap.htm