Thread: Redering/Enhacing Video Quality

wii.live07 Guest

Default Redering/Enhacing Video Quality

Hi there folks. I recently bought a video capture card, a few months ago actually but when I try to render my videos in Adobe Premiere there is little to no change. Can anyone help me to identify a programme that can render videos captured with my card to make the videos look miles better than what I see from older clips?

If there is a programme that can render my videos one by one or in batches now would be a really good time to suggest one. Bear in mind I don't capture with Adobe as it doesn't detect my card and I tried iSkysoft to render and it look like the change was miniscule and that was a joke to me. I need to have these videos from several years ago, before 4k and mp4 but look just as good or close for such clip captured in the mid to late 1990s.

Need my content to be up. I use Total Media Theatre to capture and it looks great while the process goes through but the output is not clear enough for even a Vevo video from 2008 and before. So I try the software that came with the capture card (PowerDirector) and I tried to boost it to a 720p and 1080p but with no luck. No Adobe Premieres please. That software messed up my system and I nearly had to spend a truckload of money to fix it. I need a grande alternative. Kindly assist.

Please note, you can't capture standard definition 360P video and expect a program (any program) to convert it to pristine 1080P hi-def video. You can't add what wasn't there to begin with. At best, you can attempt to "up-sample" but all that does is attempt multiply existing pixels.

Remember one of computing's most important principles, "Garbage In, Garbage Out".
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Exactly what i was thinking. U cant capture video at 480p and turn it into 4K. Im not saying thats what ur doing, im just making an example. U can capture video and sharpen soft/blurry images. But AFAIK u cant make a video look extremely better than what it already is. u might can tweek it to look a bit better but as far as resolution wise u wont get drastic results
    Last edited by sk@tta; Jul 12, 2015 at 10:42 PM.

It's been said above. Here's something to try however:

Within your capture software you need to find the quality settings. Once you do ensure it's set to maximum. Also ensure that you have enough space for your raw captures - I usually have a bare minimum of 100GB available for capture (usually like 500GB) and then you can do conversion. You can't upscale video. You can apply effects to boost some aspects of the video. One thing you will want to do (which is probably your issue) is de-interlace the video. This will make some of those "blank lines" that appear in the video smooth out. for more info on that read below:

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/Telecine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinterlacing

You should be able to do this with any video editing software, or use free conversion tools such as Handbrake, FormatFactory or Freemake Video Converter. Please use good practices while doing the install to ensure you don't accidentally put spyware on your system. Apps these days do that.

http://blog.catsinja.com/2015/03/acc...-installation/
    Last edited by khat17; Jul 12, 2015 at 01:34 PM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Trying to upscaling a low resolution video is like trying to upscale a low quality picture. If you notice for example, when you set a wallpaper on your computer 's background that has a resolution of 480×360 and your desktop resolution is 1920 x 1080 and set it to stretch, you definitely notice how blurry the image has become.

Same thing with videos depending on what they are being displayed on, so best to capture at as high a resolution as possible and downscale.

Also why use a video capture card these days when a video card can do that and more?
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow