Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I need feedback on My Company Website

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,648
    Rep Power
    15

    Default I need feedback on My Company Website

    I forgot to share with you all to gather feedback on my 4th non 9-5 business that I operate exclusively online and I actually now have 2 sales employees that get paid off of commission only (its a side project for them so its just to get some extra cash.

    The website I made by myself is http://www.icebergjewels.com/

    Business has been great so far as many persons from my 9-5 job buy from me each week. But I know some good website tech persons on this forum can give good feedback on the website design.

    I have decided not to put any advertisements on it as I have done so on this other company I own http://www.exclusivefinancials.com/ and the money from adverts were too small and insignificant because the sites are targeted at Jamaicans only and traffic is not at all high. So I took them off to keep my websites clean.

    Let me know your thoughts.
    Phenom II X4 Black Edition * 8 Gig Kingston Hyper X Fury * Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 *
    www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    Like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jamaicahealthtips

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,489
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Re Exclusive Financials - the URLs seem to be inactive on the slideshow and the images below the slideshow. I was expecting those to be clickable.

    You could also include an interactive element on the home page such as this Check Your Rate
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,648
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juiceheadband View Post
    Re Exclusive Financials - the URLs seem to be inactive on the slideshow and the images below the slideshow. I was expecting those to be clickable.

    You could also include an interactive element on the home page such as this Check Your Rate
    Hmm didn't think about this, thanks a lot
    Phenom II X4 Black Edition * 8 Gig Kingston Hyper X Fury * Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 *
    www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    Like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jamaicahealthtips

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,005
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    What 9-5 Job you have where many people there are buying jewelry ??? #JustCurious

    And yes... content on the icebergjewels homepage needs to be click-able... make it feels like the site is broken..

    You should look into a store front content management system.... Quick and Dirty use wordpress..

    And clicking order now a user has to enter product and product number etc.. that's too much work.. the process needs to be automated..
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Jun 30, 2015 at 07:55 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

    FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,648
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    What 9-5 Job you have where many people there are buying jewelry ??? #JustCurious

    And yes... content on the icebergjewels homepage needs to be click-able... make it feels like the site is broken..

    You should look into a store front content management system.... Quick and Dirty use wordpress..

    And clicking order now a user has to enter product and product number etc.. that's too much work.. the process needs to be automated..
    My 9-5 is listed in my profile bio and yes the watches are one of the top sold Items, women buy Brazilian hair for $20k so to support my stuff based on my standing in the company is easy for them.

    The storefront management system is done in the back end and I keep track of inventory there. ill work on making the images clickable soon.

    I have a sales person do face to face sales. not pushing Paypal yet, nor sales to random persons.
    Phenom II X4 Black Edition * 8 Gig Kingston Hyper X Fury * Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 *
    www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    Like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jamaicahealthtips

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    956
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    For the jewelry website.

    • Get a nice simple logo for the store. Then use that logo on marketing materials such as pens and those small paper bags women always have on them.
    • Get the site to be responsive. I am not sure about the Jamaican demographic but I suppose majority of your site views are on mobile devices.
    • On the homepage, every thumbnail and H tag should be clickable.
    • Individual product pages for each items would be nice. A proper description and specifications (such as sizes and materials). More product images.
    • An actual order form with the appropriate field (e.g. quantities) should help.
    • Finally, for the sake of professionalism and client-confidence, a SSL cert.




    I am rather pedantic because e-commerce is kinda my specialty.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,648
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    For the jewelry website.

    • Get a nice simple logo for the store. Then use that logo on marketing materials such as pens and those small paper bags women always have on them.
    • Get the site to be responsive. I am not sure about the Jamaican demographic but I suppose majority of your site views are on mobile devices.
    • On the homepage, every thumbnail and H tag should be clickable.
    • Individual product pages for each items would be nice. A proper description and specifications (such as sizes and materials). More product images.
    • An actual order form with the appropriate field (e.g. quantities) should help.
    • Finally, for the sake of professionalism and client-confidence, a SSL cert.




    I am rather pedantic because e-commerce is kinda my specialty.
    This is good info also, as I will implement them one by one should help me grow at a faster pace.
    Phenom II X4 Black Edition * 8 Gig Kingston Hyper X Fury * Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 *
    www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    Like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jamaicahealthtips

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,088
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Its not bad. I've see worst. Could have had some pictures of employees on the about page but I don't see any obvious problems with the website.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,974
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Looks good to me. But 5% off sale? Come on do better than that... lol
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,191
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The look is good but the experience isnt good. Average users instincts are to click on pictures of items and the item pics are not clickable. And u need a "favicon".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •