Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flow Internet Outage

Default Flow Internet Outage

Flow internet has not being working in the Norbrook area since last Saturday, without any notice and very little comment. I understand the LIME network also had a recent outage. Is this preparation for portability? Can someone explain what is happening?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    Provider: Digicel

Have you tried switching your DNS server? Try Google's at 8.8.8.8 and see if it makes a difference.

i've been getting outages in old harbour at least twice a week for the past 2 months, welcome to FLOW.
    I use google DNS for everything from back in the days when it was LIME DSL
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Look how the people dem have dem good-good internet, until LIME come and frig it up. This is why we can't have nice things.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    Look how the people dem have dem good-good internet, until LIME come and frig it up. This is why we can't have nice things.
    My Flow has been having the same issues before LIME public declaration of Flow Acquisition and alot others within the old harbour area as well
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

LIME got FLOW late last year,. since then Internet has been acting up.
    Then two months ago it decided to regularly get slow at nights and for the past two weeks cut out for an hour or two or even all night every night.
    Can't tell me it has nothing to do with LIME had FLOW for 6-7 years with no problems.
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

The Internet was acting up before the acquisition. It is just coincidence because when you announce you are acquiring someone the internals do not change until long after closing. Over the years Flow expanded their customer base and the usage pattern over the past 6 years. Before you had a select few downloading things via torrents essentially high bandwidth users. Nowadays everyone is streaming so we are all high bandwidth users. Their capacity leaving the island is more than sufficient however I suspect there is contention at the fibre nodes.

Highly technical enterprises have to continually invest in their resources however this capital intensive. Basically you have two options, conduct a network redesign with additional infrastructure or you use traffic shaping aka throttling. As the latter is cheaper I am sure they have taken that route first.

In the past LIME has neglected to invest so I hope their new management team has changed course. If not there will be many defections to their competitor.

Well right now i can't wait to get fibre within my schemes.
    Lime Fibre at its finest.

I believe that LIME is still going through with the plans of upgrading its infrastructure

I'm in the kgn/Olympic way area and been having Internet issues where the response time is high and at times does not even load the Web page... I have also noticed changes with flow... They also removed their online chat service

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Lightning View Post
    LIME got FLOW late last year,. since then Internet has been acting up.
    Then two months ago it decided to regularly get slow at nights and for the past two weeks cut out for an hour or two or even all night every night.
    Can't tell me it has nothing to do with LIME had FLOW for 6-7 years with no problems.
    Agreed, at least that has been my experience in the Kgn. 8 area as well.