Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Windows 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Looks like I'm gonna be one of the guinea pigs this time around lol. Change my mind and getting this day one because M$ already got the guinea pigs to provide enough feedback to make sure Windows 10 eaint (see what I did there ) 9.
    From 6 months to same day? Bwooy Pow.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Peer pressure from you and the others lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Peer pressure from you and the others lol.
    No man is not Peer pressure this time. I said I would wait on reviews before doing the upgrade and realize the preview version is the review version and people saying everything works for them just the same, so I put two and two together and figure that it's stable enough and will only get better, so why not?

Also have my Windows 7 copy on disk incase anything so just going for it.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

I have been using the Windows 10 pro insider preview from day one... to be honest a few iterations of it were unusable. But as it stands right now I have no real issues. Light gaming (Dota 2) works flawlessly. So from that experience I think the day one release of windows 10 should be ready for prime time. Currently on build 10130 with no real issues. Everything works.
    Mobile Device: Google/Lg Nexus 4
    Desktop: MSI 785GT E63 Motherboard/AMD Phenom II 555 X2 (Unlocked to B55 X4) AM3 CPU Cooled by COOLERMASTER Hyper 212 Plus/EVGA NVIDIA GTX260(dead after 4 years of ardent service. R.I.P./2 x 2Gb OCZ 800MHZ DDR2 Ram/Corsair TX750 PSU/NZXT Tempest Case

Looks like they have finally clarified the confusion surrounding old Windows XP users and bootleggers, now both groups can get Win10 free in fact everybody can just by signing up now to be a tester.
    Microsoft is giving away Windows 10 to anyone who tests it

While there was some confusion over Microsoft giving away Windows 10 to pirates, the software giant is now being clear about its free upgrade plans for Windows 10. We already know that Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users will get Windows 10 as a free upgrade (providing you install within a year of July 29th), but Microsoft is introducing a new way for anyone to get Windows 10 free of charge. If you install the latest Windows 10 preview (build 10130) on a machine and use a Microsoft Account that's registered for the Windows Insider program then you'll get the final version of Windows 10 free. Windows 10 will stay genuine, so you can clean install the preview right now and simply upgrade to the final bits for no charge.
    Read More
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Jun 20, 2015 at 12:26 PM.

Looks like they have finally clarified the confusion surrounding old Windows XP users and bootleggers, now both groups can get Win10 free in fact everybody can just by signing up now to be a tester.

Read More
    Duttie M$ a try monopolize the market even more with their shady tactics. Who am I to complain though, cause I know bootleggers aren't lol.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

MS has made some changes on their blocg to protect itself from future problems

and the orange test was what has been added or removed.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...review-builds/
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Post Windows 10, Day One

After reading this article I have fully made up my mind to get the update day one, cause if it works so well(or pretty well) on a think pad then pretty sure I should be gold:

Full Article: http://reviews.gizmodo.com/windows-1...one-1719864054

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmodo.com
    But when I booted up Windows 10 for the first time, it just worked. I lifted the lid of my laptop, dragged my fingertip across the reader, and I was recognized then and there.

You have to understand I’d done absolutely nothing to this computer except start the Win 10 installation, say “yes, I’d like to migrate all my settings and apps,” and let it sit for an hour while I ate pizza. There weren’t a whole bunch of “Yes, I’d like to verify such and such” screens to click through, and I didn’t need to let it sit and download drivers before I booted up. It really did migrate my existing settings—right down to the fingerprints I’d registered with this computer a year ago—and it worked better than ever before.

Of course, that’s when Windows told me it wasn’t actually done installing and spent another 10 to 15 minutes “getting my desktop ready for me.” But still.

When I picked up my ThinkPad for the second time, I was impressed yet again: there was my desktop, almost exactly the way I left it. All my files in the exact same places, and with my same background image.
    Before:

After:

Read More
    You Will be forced to do updates forever if you get it for free or buy the home version.

Thankfully all my machines have Win 8.1 Pro and will be upgraded to Win 10 pro for free.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality