Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Windows 10?

I got an email from MS that my reserved copy will be ready on July 29th... same day as release day.. Only got the email for one of my systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Were those updates happening on a Solid State Hard drive? From experience with switching from a Mechanical Hard drive to an SSD, I see about a 50% increase in the speed of Windows updates when shutting down my computer.
    Agreed on the above. One of my systems has a 256Gb solid state drive. The other two have spindles which take forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    So during this testing phrase, you are able to set windows to when you want it to restart so not sure of what you are speaking of. I'm using my SSD and to be honest, it updates and restart and back to login screen between 1min - 3mins

For upgrades of build, not more than 15mins and a build is push weekly-biweekly after its committed for fast ring users.
    What MS has in plan for windows 10 Home users is that they will not be able to cancel from doing a updates however they will be able to select a time they like to restart their computer.
    Windows 10 Pro and Enterprises users and Windows 10 Education will have the ability to defer updates though.
    Sorry for the erroneous comment, I should have stated that more clearly in reference to the updates that I was referring to weekly-biweekly builds/updates.
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post

PS: you can also revert back to a previous build as well.
    Check the recovery option for windows 10

and also you can do a disc clean up to remove all previous version and also the windows.old folder separately too
    Nice thanks for this info. Was wondering how untidy this update would make things but that sounds like what we need to get it back in neat condition .

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I got an email from MS that my reserved copy will be ready on July 29th... same day as release day.. Only got the email for one of my systems.
    Somehow I knew I should have used my hotmail as haven't gotten any confirmation in my Yahoo that I used. Dam M$.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Somehow I knew I should have used my hotmail as haven't gotten any confirmation in my Yahoo that I used. Dam M$.
    You did remember to check junk right?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    You did remember to check junk right?
    Yup, went through my spam for that day and nothing found for them. It's possible I might have mistyped it but there was no indication that it was incorrect and don't see any option to change it if necessary.

Will just have to see how it go.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

the email is only for communication.
    As if my memory server me correct, you will only get an option for email request if you are using windows 8 plus reserve, windows 7 will get the usual reserve
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Windows 10 is gonna make me so happy when it comes out. I CANNOT WAIT! Windows 8 is holding me back.

Finally see the icon after re-enabling the annoying automatic update on my Win 7 laptop. Got the confirmation email within a few minutes after making the request.
    I too will wait a few months before making the switch over, while you guinea pigs continue the debugging process.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Finally see the icon after re-enabling the annoying automatic update on my Win 7 laptop. Got the confirmation email within a few minutes after making the request.
    I too will wait a few months before making the switch over, while you guinea pigs continue the debugging process.
    Yeah, it's a specific windows update that provides the Windows 10 notice. This update specifically: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3035583
    I pinpointed it last night when I did a windows update and selected this update to install and then I got the notice.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Looks like I'm gonna be one of the guinea pigs this time around lol. Change my mind and getting this day one because M$ already got the guinea pigs to provide enough feedback to make sure Windows 10 eaint (see what I did there ) 9.