Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Get Windows 10?

I think this thread is pretty much going off the rails. Anything new on the windows 10 front? or is it just launch week hype and its back to watching netflix all day?

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    I think this thread is pretty much going off the rails. Anything new on the windows 10 front? or is it just launch week hype and its back to watching netflix all day?
    We are outside enjoying Nature....
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    We are outside enjoying Nature....
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Well we are discussing reasons to get Windows 10 or not so we are on topic. Best you try and get copy of Windows 10 and try for yourself sah, cause we might tell you one thing and you get a different experience. It's like when Windows XP just came out and people were on Windows 2000 hesitating to switch to it and then when they finally did they are wondering why they never made the switch months ago. You have the option to roll back to previous Windows version so why not go for it?
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

When in Photoshop I can't use my scroll wheel to change values unless the mouse is pointed in the Value...
    #Annoying...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

So yesterday there I am playing GTA V Online and then bam, had a powercut(stupid JPS) and UPS chipped in. Thing is UPS I have is an older one and planning to replace battery or get a new one as it only keeps charge for about 5 minutes or less while on full load.

I have it set to hibernate when only 5 minutes left on battery as hibernation is the only option it has and I've read how hibernation is not good on SSD's, but last time this happened my system booted back up fine.

Thing is I was in the process of exiting the game and shutting down before the 5 minutes but system started going into hibernation at that time and I saw my computer shutdown properly and about 5 minutes later UPS battery completely drained and shut off.

About an hour later started booting up back system and right after the Windows 10 booting logo was about to disappear to bring up the welcome screen, that c000021a bluescreen error message came up and restarted computer. Every time I let it reboot and go to that part it does the same thing. Windows 10 recovery screen eventually came up and I tried booting into safe mode and got same issue and even did the wipe all apps and reinstall Windows 10 option and even that kept failing.

So I was left with the final option of re-installing Windows completely. Now the thing is I had to use my Windows 7 disc and use that to delete SSD and was able to install Windows 7 successfully (which is the fastest time I've ever seen it install of about 10 minutes, yes roughly 10 minutes) and burn my Windows 10 image on a disk as I forgot to do that after doing the ISO upgrade.

So I rebooted with the Windows 10 disc this time and went to install and it's saying I have to boot up Windows 7 first and do the upgrade from there . So I did that and then got prompt to activate Windows 7 before I can proceed with upgrade .

So I did that and was able to get back into Windows 10, which is working again and moving even faster than before.

Did anyone try the clean install and have to go through all that, or does the skip option work where they are asking for product key, or can use your Windows 7 key as well to get pass that screen and install the Windows 10 OS without needing Windows 7 installed? Want to know this for future reference.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Nevermind I was able to find the answer a bit after posting. Here are instructions for those who don't know already:

A note for upgraders - you DON'T have to upgrade first

If you've got Windows 7 or Windows 8, you no longer have to upgrade to Windows 10 before performing a clean install. When Microsoft first released the OS, upgrading first was a required step, as this would register your computer with the Windows 10 licencing servers. This extra step was quite annoying, so we're glad that Microsoft has removed the requirement. Instead, the Windows 10 installation will now recognise valid Windows 7 and Windows 8 licence keys, automatically registering your computer with Microsoft. To do this, just follow the instructions below and make sure that you've created boot media using the latest version of Windows 10; your old installation discs will not accept Windows 7 or Windows 8 keys.
    Source - http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/softw...ate-boot-media

So I was having an issue with the creators update where when I alt tabbed out of a game it would take a few seconds to refresh to my desktop instead of instantly as it normally does. Thankfully it's fixed with this update which you guys can get early and check out other features in this video:

thankfully its fixed now. still not gonna upgrade my old crappy computer though. miss me wid dat.

Recently completed a new system build and installed a legit copy of Windows 7 I purchased like over a year or two ago, pity there is no free and legal path for windows 10 upgrade now.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Recently completed a new system build and installed a legit copy of Windows 7 I purchased like over a year or two ago, pity there is no free and legal path for windows 10 upgrade now.
    There still is.... Two words, assistive technology
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.