Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Windows 10?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Had a few unexpected freeze up on my laptop. Will definitely stick to my initial plan to wait a few months before considering updating my main rig.
    I just installed Service Release 1... boot up seems faster now..
    https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...windows-10-sr1
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Thanks for that, didn't realize a service release was already out, was expecting a month or two before this.

When was this service release, well released? Cause I haven't gotten any notifications on this, thought not like I really need this hehe.

Only issue I'm having right now is steams big picture mode not working because of stupid M$ xbox integration.

Keeps asking if this is a game when I hold down guide button .
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I just installed Service Release 1... boot up seems faster now..
    https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...windows-10-sr1
    I can't even tell if an update gets installed, now that I no longer have control over it. But more than likely it did, since everything is now automated.

I'm just gonna set the Windows Update service to disabled and turn it on when I ready to do any updates. MS has forced my hand. grrrrr
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    I can't even tell if an update gets installed, now that I no longer have control over it. But more than likely it did, since everything is now automated.

I'm just gonna set the Windows Update service to disabled and turn it on when I ready to do any updates. MS has forced my hand. grrrrr
    You have to check update history to see what got installed and when...

You can set it to ask you to install updates... you don't have to fully disable it.

You can set it to ask you to install updates... you don't have to fully disable it.
    I just got notification for an update and yeah A_A you can change the update settings to notify you like mine:

Is this the update you guys were referring to though?

Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Yeah, but it be downloading stuff and taking up my bandwidth. Before, I had the date set on my calendar when MS would release updates, every 2nd tuesday, and I would update my computers the weekend after.
    I'll just disable windows update service and turn it on when I ready.
    I already disable Skype update, and Google update services too. Keep what's running on my system minimal.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Yeah, but it be downloading stuff and taking up my bandwidth. Before, I had the date set on my calendar when MS would release updates, every 2nd tuesday, and I would update my computers the weekend after.
    I already disable Skype update, and Google update services too. Keep what's running on my system minimal.
    From what I understand updates are downloaded when your system is idle... so it shouldn't hog your bandwidth.

Which edition of Windows 10 you have?
    I have professional edition and i choose when to download and also install my update.

You can also use the Group Policy to turn off updates automatically as well, think Group policy only works for Professional, Enterprise, and Education.

You can also select the WIFI as a metered connection, and it will never update windows regardless of the edition you have
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

We are in for a wild ride!