Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Windows 10?

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    if I include the time it takes the bios to boot up then its 10 seconds. Windows XP just has less of everything, there is no way to beat it with any modern OS unless you processing more than 4gb (which few people are doing). Maybe you are trying to redefine what "blazing fast" means but seriously it means 2 or 3 second loading times. People who have been using computers for a long time know how a fast computer feels. and computer OSes have been getting slower, with more animations and doing more background processes.

Dozens of settings to be turned of, among them… GETTING TO KNOW YOU. lol
    http://windows.wonderhowto.com/inspi...ws-10-0163552/
    Again sah, all depends on your hardware. When I'm talking about boot time the bios time is included because it is a part of the startup process. So from the time you press the power button on your desktop to the time it takes to get to the lock/welcome screen is what I consider as bootup time and if you have to enter password or choose user after, is what I consider as loading up Windows time, since that is dependent on how much things you have running on startup.

No doubt Windows XP is the best OS ever made period, but it's also what was built on to get us Windows 10.

I don't agree that the OS's have been getting slower though, it's actually the other way around, again provided you have the hardware.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

And the hardware required is pretty much what you'll find in any new PC you buy or build these days, anyway. Especially if it comes with an SSD.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Windows 2000 was the best advancement in Windows OS for me... Win 2000 was labeled a business version of Windows so it never got popular with home users..

Xp was just windows 2000 with lipstick on it.

Got my first blue screen in Windows 10 a while ago. Same as in image below just it was some memory error message. Happened after firefox crashed due to me trying to figure out how to close 3D mark completely because steam kept showing it running even though it's closed. In Windows 7 a message actually tells you of the bluescreen, but all it did was send message to M$ in 10 and restart :

Anyone know where to find the error message in Windows?

PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    https://jonathan.porta.codes/2015/07...vacy-defaults/

This could be the biggest legitimate botnet ever created. The data mining is going to be exponential. Its like the facebook operating system, lol.
    You're right I had a look on the settings and realize the depth of invasion is far worst than I thought, and who to tell in a future (mandatory) upgrade they might just do away with those optional settings and make everything mandatory. Its a totally new ball game when this level of invasion occur at the level of a operating system , no wonder Russia and other countries intelligent agencies have returned to old fashion type writers.

Hmph.

Last edited by semitop; Aug 4, 2015 at 04:23 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Augh! Anyone know if you can create a local guest account without using duttie M$ email system?

EDIT - Oh nevermind figured it out after posting this lol.
    Last edited by Powpow; Aug 4, 2015 at 04:33 PM.

Did a system restore to fix my issue. Start menu works, store works again but default browser is missing. I remember seeing an E in the taskbar before the restore that did nothing during the issue.

Also doesn't take as long to login now. Works more like it did in windows 8.1
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Bug: I use an external mouse so I have it set to disable to touchpad when usb mouse detected.. Once I reboot those settings are set back to default which re-enables the touchpad.. (very annoying)
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Had a few unexpected freeze up on my laptop. Will definitely stick to my initial plan to wait a few months before considering updating my main rig.