Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Windows 10?

Question Get Windows 10?

Booted up my computer not too long ago and noticed a Microsoft looking logo in my task tray. Moused over it and it says "Get Windows 10" and clicking on it shows the instructions to reserve a copy of Windows 10, which is only a 3 gig download .

I will be reserving my copy, but might not take the update till at least six(6) months time after watching reviews and performance all over the internet, especially gaming wise. Who's going to get it as it out?

Screenshot of instructions:

Last edited by Powpow; Jun 1, 2015 at 09:22 AM.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Legit or Bootleg windows you running ??
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Legitimate. Got mine from the MSDN website back when I was in school.

Also official release date announced to be July 29th :

http://www.pcgamer.com/windows-10-release-date/

Quote Originally Posted by PC Gamer
    Microsoft has just announced the release date of Windows 10, revealing that it will be made available on July 29...
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I got that notification on a "extended trial" of Windows 7 Ultimate.
    Last edited by BNOVA; Jun 1, 2015 at 01:37 PM.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

OK... I see it on my Work machine now...

Just reserved my copy...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Running 10 Tech preview on a second hard-drive for the past 2 months now. Honestly have no big issues with it, just minor irks, some of which are due to it being a demo. I'll update the hard drive right off the bat. I still have my win 7 Ultimate working and neatly seated on another hard drive so if there is any trouble I'll just shift over easily.

But waiting 6 months is the smart choice and I would do that if I didn't have the extra drives. Plus I want to poke around with the DX 12 and the win 10 performance and see what hidden money making model Microsoft has planned.
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Lightning View Post
    Running 10 Tech preview on a second hard-drive for the past 2 months now. Honestly have no big issues with it, just minor irks, some of which are due to it being a demo. I'll update the hard drive right off the bat. I still have my win 7 Ultimate working and neatly seated on another hard drive so if there is any trouble I'll just shift over easily.

But waiting 6 months is the smart choice and I would do that if I didn't have the extra drives. Plus I want to poke around with the DX 12 and the win 10 performance and see what hidden money making model Microsoft has planned.
    I might not wait that long though as I have a strong gut feeling Windows 10 will be good day one. I have other hard drives as well and still have my Windows 7 image and DVD, so might just take it and reformat if anything.

I'll wait a few weeks before I upgrade. Make sure all the kinks in upgrading are worked out world wide.
    Pow and him 6 months can stay deh.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

I think I'll also wait a bit before installing it after it comes out, but not as long as 6 mths.

I think MS will try their best to launch a solid version - it's make or break for them with Windows 10, no second chances for them with this one.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    I'll wait a few weeks before I upgrade. Make sure all the kinks in upgrading are worked out world wide.
    Pow and him 6 months can stay deh.
    Lol, I said months but might be a week instead since they should have gotten enough data to sort out majority of possible bugs and incompatibilities that could happen.