Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need for Speed!

Witcher series is a completely single player game(bad example). Cant put always online DRM on OSes(just doesnt make sense), D3 has an always online DRM still isnt cracked. EA wants online multiplayer gaming, if you think the cant be always online, dont buy the game(Seems kinda of hard to consider a non work PC thats not always online nowadays doesnt it?)

Origin isnt as bad as ppl want to make it seem, if you dont like it, just think of it as apart of NEEDFORSPEED and close it as your done...simple.
    SimCity was not properly pirated, they actually released an offline update...

STILL not seeing the issue with always online...
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....

Pretty sure you know the difference between an online game and a single player game.

Point I'm trying to make is that you can't play the single player mode without being on the internet. It's called a single player mode for a reason, not multiplayer. Obviously you need internet for multiplayer, but why do I need it to play the game solo!
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Not to mention that you'll be SOL if the servers go belly up. As someone that hangs on to their games to play years down the line this irks me tremendously.This also reminds me of the launch the Sim City reboot and Diablo 3, where people couldn't play the game they bought for weeks because the servers were being hammered.
    No one expects the Inquisition.

What about game modes and missions that other players dont have any effect on. Lets say foe example a Single Player race agains time to the finish line. Do i still need an internet connection for that? if yes Then the always online implementation is bull shi$$t

Well seeing this video sold the game for me so far, but I am still going to wait for reviews before fully deciding to get it though:

PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Started playing the mobile app game on my Android for this game and I'm liking it so far:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fs14_row&hl=en

Good to see that this game is optimised well for PC so far and reviews are decent. Too bad it's origin only, but I think I'll wait for this one to go on sale to get it:

With completely acceptable racing, cringe-inducing cutscenes and a questionable online mode, Need for Speed for PC is a worthwhile racer, if not the best one available. You won’t regret your purchase, but you’re not likely to be recommending it to all of your friends either. Maybe wait for a sale, but rest assured that this is a well optimized port of a decent, if not amazing racer.
    Read more: http://wccftech.com/review/speed-pc-...#ixzz43NGmlkf4

Last edited by Powpow; Mar 19, 2016 at 01:22 PM.