Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need for Speed!

Cool Need for Speed!

Could this be the Need for Speed Underground 3 we've been asking for all these years? Only a few more months to find out :

http://www.pcgamer.com/need-for-spee...-street-racer/

Quote Originally Posted by PC Gamer
    "Need for Speed is one of the most iconic names in gaming, and we're returning it to greatness in this reboot," Ghost Games Executive Producer Marcus Nilsson said. "Pulling on our 20 years of history, and then taking a year out from releasing a game, we are making the game we’ve always wanted to. We're listening to the fans and delivering an experience that will capture their imagination and unleash their passion for cars and speed."
    Last edited by Powpow; May 21, 2015 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Added Quote and Link
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Here's the official teaser trailer for the game:

PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Well, that's rather unfortunate now isn't it? Always online? Not about that life.

https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed/sta...60988673929216
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkah View Post
    Well, that's rather unfortunate now isn't it? Always online? Not about that life.

https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed/sta...60988673929216
    Leave it to EA to pull another Sim City 4 stunt . Well hopefully this is just a rumor or they can sort this out later on. Then again Need for Speed Rivals had a similar ting, but I think you could play offline, so this shouldn't be an exception since it's the same Developers...

EA has driven this franchise into the ground

Quote Originally Posted by sk@tta View Post
    EA has driven this franchise into the ground
    Literally *Sigh*.

I so agree with Rich on this one as well that the online DRM crap will be the death of this franchise:

Question, why is the online DRM so bad? Thought anybody on techjamaica should have online almost all the time anyway
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....

Quote Originally Posted by -=KzR.Erasor=- View Post
    Question, why is the online DRM so bad? Thought anybody on techjamaica should have online almost all the time anyway
    What if internet get cutoff during weekend and that's the only time yuh get to play the game, or you have it on laptop and have no WiFi access in area your at? What I'm saying (and maybe asking) is? Is it so hard to make this optional?

The benefit of a DRM is to prevent piracy, with always online its more difficult to pirate a game so many pirates cry at this. There are too many what ifs in that statement that really and truly has nothing to do with them. They create a game that requires downloading, you already know that it needs Internet to play. Take your chances or not. REALLY dont see the big issue. Started to not mind the online DRM after D3 where unless i was planning from day 1 to pirate i had to be online(which it turns out is more fun anyway). We live in the age now that complaining about not having internet to play an internet game is so draconian that it should never be an excuse as to why a game 'sucks'
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....

Quote Originally Posted by -=KzR.Erasor=- View Post
    The benefit of a DRM is to prevent piracy, with always online its more difficult to pirate a game so many pirates cry at this. There are too many what ifs in that statement that really and truly has nothing to do with them. They create a game that requires downloading, you already know that it needs Internet to play. Take your chances or not. REALLY dont see the big issue. Started to not mind the online DRM after D3 where unless i was planning from day 1 to pirate i had to be online(which it turns out is more fun anyway). We live in the age now that complaining about not having internet to play an internet game is so draconian that it should never be an excuse as to why a game 'sucks'
    No, no! I am calling BS on this. DRM has little effect on piracy. If game or software is interesting enough to warrant piracy, it will be pirated. Sim City was still pirated even with its DRM in place. Windows is still pirated with DRM in place. Christ! Even MacOS is pirated with its DRM in place and MacOS is an Apple product. They wrote the majority of the chapters in the DRM text book.

The only purpose of DRM coming from EA is a weak attempt at getting sign ups for whatever online service they are pushing. Orgin? Remember the whole Sim City debacle and how it "needed" an always-online for "better gaming experience and immersion"? Remember how someone had it running fine with the "needed" online connection shortly after?

Remember how the XBOne was debuted with the "needed" always online feature? Remember how quickly they back tracked with that "needed" purchase.

Look at CD Projekt Red, all their games are DRM-free and they have the hottest selling game out right now. In fact, there is an in-game advertisement in W3 that subtlety tell player to buy games from GOG to fight DRM
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.