Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 10 Will Be Microsoft's 'Last Great OS'

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Yeah, I know the upgrade is only available for a year and no you don't need a valid license as discussed in this thread:

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...Pirated-Copies

Pretty much anyone can get it free for that year and who's to say it won't keep that way thereafter. I'm not gonna wait until the year before upgrading though as I have a feeling it will be a solid one like 7 eventually.
    It has been confirmed by Gabriel Aul. The head of the Windows Insider program.

https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/597773851150446592

You'll have to be upgrading from a system with a valid license for 7 or 8.x to get windows 10 free for the first year.
    He also stated that the process in which it will be done will be announced in due time.
    Last edited by Dre'; May 14, 2015 at 11:12 PM.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    It has been confirmed by Gabriel Aul. The head of the Windows Insider program.

https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/597773851150446592

You'll have to be upgrading from a system with a valid license for 7 or 8.x to get windows 10 free for the first year.
    He also stated that the process in which it will be done will be announced in due time.
    He said Valid license not genuine. Pirated copies will be able to upgrade, just that their license won't be genuine just valid.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    He said Valid license not genuine. Pirated copies will be able to upgrade, just that their license won't be genuine just valid.
    All non genuine license will have a watermark at the bottom right "This is not a genuine copy of Windows".
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    All non genuine license will have a watermark at the bottom right "This is not a genuine copy of Windows".
    That's why I said it's a valid copy, not genuine. If it's watermarked like the previous Windows versions then hackers will eventually find out how to remove it and we'd be back to square one.

We'll see in a few months what they'll do in this respect though.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Windows 10 a get less and less free every day, now they saying if u build u pc u prolly dont qualify for free upgrade
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Windows 10 a get less and less free every day, now they saying if u build u pc u prolly dont qualify for free upgrade
    Are you saying if you buy a new non custom built PC with Windows 7 or 8 already installed, you won't get the free upgrade? Or are you saying if you build your own computer and re-install your Windows that you had on older computer, you won't qualify?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Where yuh hear dat? Cause I caa see how dem a gi pirate dem di opportunity upgrade and sticking it to PC builders. Dat nuh mek sense.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008