Thread: Media Consumption Digitally

Default Media Consumption Digitally

For many months now I have been grappling with whether to stick with blogging or wait for the next best thing. Truth is, the next best thing has been here all along. Is the era of the website dead? No, but I get more hits on my YouTube page as well as comments there, over my blogs. I wanted so much to be the voice of reviews and I wanted to now try making my own news clips and uploading them to my YouTube channel which will be cool. I don't have to worry about finding the words to say when reviewing my favourite TV shows, movies and music. I can talk and talk while appealing to my supporters as to how a show's episode can be better, with a YouTube channel link and playlists for each facet of my existing blogging. One channel for movies, another for current affairs, another for music and another channel for TV shows and I can upload them after each show. Should I give up blogging altogether and just use the next big thing? Maybe, maybe not. But the cloud and cloud storage is great and if YouTube offers cloud storage or the regular server hosting, fine by me.

But TVJ has a new system I see, 1spotmedia.com where they allow viewers to watch content online whether via tablets, iPads, smart phones, laptops and desktop PCs. My email inbox for my gmail/YouTube is flooded with people having something to say. Plus I don't have to pay for YouTube content as they will be originally mine. What is the software I can use when capturing video for my PC or can use to add my voice to a video I create and upload? One thing is for sure, is that blogging has become an obsession but YouTube and Facebook has so much to offer but need a new look to make it look and feel great. Facebook's and YouTube's interface is like the storage. But the great feeling for me is to streaming videos and use my smart TV to play my digitized home movies and video captures and access the same content on my tablet and smart phone and when all else fails or if I prefer, I'd like to use my desktop PC to view, all the better to me.

But the future has been here all this time, cloud storage and streaming media content. I'll give up blogging if the majority of people who comment on this thread can give me a sound, reasonable argument why I should and use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube as 99.9% of my blog posts are for reviews on shows like Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and more. I want to carve a path without blogs which are the norm but use the power of YouTube and Facebook and give my reviews and beliefs instead of being the man who uses his fingers to present an opinion and rather sounds boring. People want digital content whether from media sharing sites, social media and 99.9% of people I know don't own blogs. Blogs, to most people are just gossip mongers.

In fact, I think I'm going to create my Facebook page and YouTube accounts right now and if I get massive and genuine opposition to YouTube, Twitter and Facebook to give my views whether on the cloud I'll stick with blogging. But I have been blogging for years and nothing seems to spark my interest. If my blog/vlog posts can allow me to stretch a paragraph of text to a minute and a half or more, I'll be solid. How many of Techjamaica users have blogs, vlogs and prefer using social media to take care of the expression of views, safely and legally over blogs? I figure a good chunk of of us do but my time as a blogger is over. It's time for YouTube.

Does anyone consume TV shows on their tablets and smart phones on the go? Do you subscribe to netflix? Do you use your computers, large, medium and small to consume multimedia? I hear people at work talking about subscribing to content providers and watching programmes like Law and Order and Game of Thrones. I'll gladly use my desktop PC and even get a new smart phone via Digicel even though I think LIME is better. How do you get your info? Do you have cloud accounts? What software do people use to review content or multimedia content? How do I clean much of the content I acquire of the audio at some points of most and use my voice in reviewing? What's the software, snagit? I have heard about it but never used it. How good is it? I have lots of stuff to review so don't let me down. Provide and answer even if you think I should partially or fully do away with blogging and go to vlogging. Thanks a lot guys

Not sure if you expect me to read that.....
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I have the best blog in the world but people are lazy and hang around on twitter and facebook because its already on thier phones and so its easy to get to and keep track of. If someone leaves facebook for a sec facebook sends them a email asking where they at. lol. You might need to spread yourself thin and jump on all this other social media stuff just to supplement your blog. Because the blog is only gonna get less and less attention as these other things clog up the minds of the audience. People are lazy. You might like this documentary; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wjXJL6ZwLk

most people just prefer to watch a video.
    Like Pezz said...he cant be bothered to read your epistle.

Owen has a nice blog of activities, but he is spot on when he says that you gonna get less attention.
    Mr Meth, if you are not camera shy... you may be better off vlogging