Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0% Battery No Charging

Default 0% Battery No Charging

So I have upgraded a laptop from Vista to Windows 7 and now the battery is not charging eventhough I used an volt meter and the battery and adapter are good. The power manager icon is saying "0% Battery Plugged In, Not Charging," I have tried some steps online to re-calibrate the battery, even uninstalled the battery drivers from Device Manager (ACPI drivers that is) but the issue still not solved.

Also updated the BIOS and reverted to Vista and having the same issue, need some help on this one.

Sounds like you've already tried all I would suggest. Are you able to try a known working battery from another similar laptop?
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

I have had this happen to me many times. I just leave it plugged in overnight and it fixes it self.

It usual happens when The laptop battery is drained complete and left for a while.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Leave it plugged in when it's turned off... should start charging in a few hours or so...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Chris, I haven't tried another battery or another power adapter yet, gonna do that tomorrow. I did use a multi-meter to do a continuity test and the results were positive.

Pezz and GPRS, I have turned off the machine will leave it plugged in until tomorrow morning and see if it works out.

You could also try to shock the battery back to life. Depends on how you want to approach it still - principle is the same.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Brin...Life/?ALLSTEPS

You could also try the stack charging method.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-741383/
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

if you use a different charger and it does not work then there's nothing wrong with the battery(that's if it worked ok before with win vista), the power config for the battery is different for the win 7 which you installed, use a different win 7 or go to the pc support site and look if they have a software related to the battery/power setup, if they do download it, right click the soft and go to properties and change the compatibility to win vista(laptop originally work with that) the run as admin, this should fix your prob, if they don't have the power related soft then you need to change the windows or if your tech savy you can mod the win config files.
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

Have similar issue with my BlackBerry torch. any suggestions?
    Hhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!, it depends what sort of chips u're talking about.

Replace torch... problem solved....

Thanks bro, I'll consider the advice
    Hhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!, it depends what sort of chips u're talking about.