Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19 cable channels to be blocked

Default 19 cable channels to be blocked

Plug to be pulled on 19 channels, with more to come
    COME May 31, 19 cable channels are to be removed from the roster offerings.
    This follows a directive issued by the Broadcasting Commission, as cable providers do not possess the requisite agreement to air these channels.
    The channels to be removed from local service are primarily movie providers from the Encore, Showtime and Starz suites.
    Read more

I also received a notice via email from Flow that the NBA TV and NBA League Pass had been removed due yet again to rights issue.
    The channels involved in the first phase of the clampdown are: Encore Black; Encore Family; Encore Love; Encore Suspense; Encore WAM; Encore Classic; Encore Drama; Encore Mystery; Encore Movie Plex; The Movie Channel Xtra Showtime East; Showtime West; Showtime TOO; Showtime 2; Showtime Showcase; Starz Comedy; Starz West; Starz Kids & Family; and Starz Multiplex.
    with more to come
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Apr 25, 2015 at 08:47 AM.

Was wondering how Cornwall had most of these premium channels and we weren't paying any extra funds for them lol.

Anyways I won't be affected by this cause I caan tell the last time I turn on a tv on purpose at my yard and I got the internet with all those streaming sites and ability to choose what you want to watch and when you want to watch it.

Nope... don't miss cable one bit lol, cept maybe a few commercials .
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Was wondering how Cornwall had most of these premium channels and we weren't paying any extra funds for them lol.

Anyways I won't be affected by this cause I caan tell the last time I turn on a tv on purpose at my yard and I got the internet with all those streaming sites and ability to choose what you want to watch and when you want to watch it.

Nope... don't miss cable one bit lol, cept maybe a few commercials .
    Which techy watches tv anyway?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

I wish it was only 19 to be blocked?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    Provider: Digicel

Haven't used cable TV for years now considering the fact that if I'm already paying for internet and I can watch/download just about any program I want to watch. Not to mention having the luxury to save them to watch at my convenience.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

So still waiting on word of a price reduction for current cable service...and all these years charging subscribers for pirated channels ....

What is bad is that during peak hours you do not get enough bandwidth to truly cut the cable cord out of your life (roku, chromecast,ps4 etc).
    It is as if they deliberately make the internet speed crappy enough to make streaming painful, to the point of pointless.

Now no NBA-TV ....
    Last edited by matronyx; Apr 28, 2015 at 05:12 PM.
    Calm Like a BOMB

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx View Post
    So still waiting on word of a price reduction for current cable service...and all these years charging subscribers for pirated channels ....
    From what I have read from Flow head huncho, there won't be any price reduction, saying they were already subsidising the cost of the legal channels they already were offering us. They said they will probably repackage their offerings instead, than give us a price reduction.

So don't hold your breath.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx View Post
    Now no NBA-TV ....
    I called and asked for price reduction because of the reduced channels / lack of ability to watch NBA on ABC/TNT and they said that it wont be happening.
    So I just went ahead and disconnected the cable portion of the service.

"presto" been taking action... the channels dont matter to me much but the ladies in the home are complaining

Quote Originally Posted by presto View Post
    I called and asked for price reduction because of the reduced channels / lack of ability to watch NBA on ABC/TNT and they said that it wont be happening.
    So I just went ahead and disconnected the cable portion of the service.
    I can't blame you on that one.

The only reason i have cable is for fam.... internet is all i need