Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VOIP Being blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    @NOKIA 3650
    at the end of the day we still have to purchase or we get billed for data that is being used so it shouldn't be a problem
    As I said before, the data plans in Jamaica as still relatively "cheaper" than that of other carriers (comparing dollar per gigabyte).
    For example :If you subscribed to Digicel's 2GB data plan for about ~$1700, you will be able to make more than that ~$1700 in VOIP calls (thus saving yourself credit). Digicel would then be losing potential revenue from you.

I'm sure their next step will be to block tethering on phones so that you can't "sell" or lease internet access to your neighbor
    Last edited by NOKIA 3650; Apr 22, 2015 at 07:11 AM.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    i never really tried whatsapp calling over mobile data but wifi calling is still working...can someone with a data plan try this to confirm
    It's blocked via data on Digicel now.
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by madcats99 View Post
    I forgot to confirm this earlier too. I get the feeling that it is packet sniffing they use to do the blocking.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    As I said before, the data plans in Jamaica as still relatively "cheaper" than that of other carriers (comparing dollar per gigabyte).
    For example :If you subscribed to Digicel's 2GB data plan for about ~$1700, you will be able to make more than that ~$1700 in VOIP calls (thus saving yourself credit). Digicel would then be losing potential revenue from you.

I'm sure their next step will be to block tethering on phones so that you can't "sell" or lease internet access to your neighbor
    I believe the reason why its so cheaper is because its very unreliable and its not full speed neither it isn't true 4G LTE so they have no right to charge us.

LIME block tethering all together, and digicel does block tethering in which you have to pay to share but the block doesn't work on all devices.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

...LIME block tethering all together
    This is odd, could someone confirm that LIME is now blocking tethering and when since? I've used it in the past and intend to use it again in the filed to connect my laptop and tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    This is odd, could someone confirm that LIME is now blocking tethering and when since? I've used it in the past and intend to use it again in the filed to connect my laptop and tablet.
    i tried since this week using the ppinternet settings and nothing happened.

Anyone could confirm this would be appreciated
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post

What does this have to do with anything? What does digicel losing revenue have to do with the consumers?

I take it you are another reseller.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by madcats99 View Post

Can still use the app called "hideman" to get around that. It's free for couple hours for the week but there's a cost to use it unlimited for the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizen View Post
    Can still use the app called "hideman" to get around that. It's free for couple hours for the week but there's a cost to use it unlimited for the month.
    Was wondering when the proxy recommendations would come in lol. There's also one called Tunnel Bear, which I use to get a US IP as my Karaoke feature doesn't work on my music player outside the US it seems. Not sure if it will work on Digicel Data as I use WiFi majority of the time.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

@NOKIA 3650
    Not to go too far from the point but I took a look at the rates today and i'm seeing where google offers 1GB is $10/month, 2GB is $20/month, 3GB is $30/month, and so on
    I'm being told that this is not a competitive rate as all the data plan rates are basically with 1~5 dollar ranges from each other from the US companies.

For $20 a month you get all the basics (talk, text, Wi-Fi tethering, and international coverage in 120+ countries for google
    $40 a month for unlimited/unlimited/5gigs on Cricket

This shows that data is being sold cheap, its the basic call and text Mainly the contract of a phone as well that brings up the price.
    Therefore our mobile carriers can do far better with the rates for mobile and the blockage can be easily resolve with alternative means
    Last edited by Dre'; Apr 22, 2015 at 09:20 PM.