Thread: CURRENT Fixed Wireless Internet Service Providers

Question CURRENT Fixed Wireless Internet Service Providers

Greetings all,

I would like to know what the current state of wireless ISP's is in the country, specifically in the St. James area but post info islandwide as others may find it useful. I am currently using Dekal Wireless but considering switching to another provider and wanted to know if anyone who is currently using other services could comment on them. Things like advertised speed, cost, quality of service etc etc. I will make a list of all the ones I know of, but if there are others and you use them please post that data too. Also if you have any short comment like for instance good/bad customer service or whatever the case may be, add that as well. You can fill in the blanks here:

Provider:
    Advertised Speed:
    Actual Speed:
    Cost per month:
    Average ping to Google.com:
    Quality of Service:
    Area of Service:
    Additional Comments:

If anyone can think of or wants to add something else go right ahead. Now for the list of providers I know about (again, if you know of anymore please add them to the list):

Dekal Wireless
    Island Networks
    J2 (not sure if they still exist)
    Skyweb Wireless (think this is only in St. James)
    Chapcom Wireless (think this is only in St. James)
    Digicel
    Lime
    N5 (they still exist?)

Forgot to mention I'm paying $5,200 inclusive of tax for their 7MB down/ 1MB up package. Generally before when I did speedtests I got around 4-5MB down and sometimes as high as 1.5MB up, but in about the last two weeks the service has gone to hell. Quality of the connection has gone downhill fast. I heard that they were switching from using Columbus for their bandwidth over to Lime's. Don't know how true it is but this really can't work. Anyone else having problems with Dekal?

Yes dekal service has gotten worse and they don't seem to doing anything about it.thought that acquire ing flow wud help but its worse

Strange, am not having much issues with dekal. Am almost into my third month so still new
    Intel Core i3-3220 3.30GHz, 4GB ram

Blu Life One 4G LTE (stock for now)

Dekal's customer support has gone to the dogs...like so so sad.
    Talk about a disappointment after this acquisition. No one there communicates properly, neither in department or out on the road...its like a madhouse.

Im considering switching to digicel as my redundant wifi connection at many of the locations.
    Calm Like a BOMB