Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow AVS Up & Running

Quote Originally Posted by BountyKilla View Post
    AVS BUNDLES

In the Game which includes Watch basic and basic Flow Go landline for $2999.00 plus tax per month.
    Movie Star includes Watch Extended and Flow Go for $3999.00 plus tax.
    Slam Dunk for watch extended, Flow Rave and Flow Go for $6799.00 plus tax.
    Rock Star watch all, Flow Ultra( data) Flow talk to world for $16,199.00 plus tax.
    World Champion which includes Watch extended, Flow turbo and the basic flow Go landline for $11,699.00 plus tax.
    Yet still no cable and internet only bundle, like Flow still don't get it, that people (especially home users) don't want Flow phone services!
    Come to think of it, they can keep their bundles, won't be tying myself down in any bundle unless I absolutely have to. when LIME start to merge both company's products I might not have much choice, but until then.
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Mar 24, 2015 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Yet still no cable and internet only bundle, like Flow still don't get it, that people (especially home users) don't want Flow phone services!
    Come to think of it, they can keep their bundles, won't be tying myself down in any bundle unless I absolutely have to. when LIME start to merge both company's products I might not have much choice, but until then.
    A Flow Customer Service Rep stated that the combination of ONLY cable and internet was the most popular and that Flow saw it more beneficial to not combine the two and force customers to pay full price. It is Flow intention to have you acquire all three services. Just a marketing tactics.
    PHONE: XR

Basically FLOW giving you what they want, not what you want (more beneficial for them). They already paying for all the rights to broadcast these channels, can't just have you pick what makes sense to you
    Calm Like a BOMB

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx View Post
    basically flow giving you what they want, not what you want (more beneficial for them). They already paying for all the rights to broadcast these channels, can't just have you pick what makes sense to you
    exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone in the Kingston 6 and 8 area experiencing heavy pixelation and blackout on HD channels?

Had a demonstration of AVS today. Couple of drawbacks vs the HD cable box option

1. you can't pause and rewind the live show you are watching
    2. You can't switch tuners on the fly..so eg watching two soccer matches on Sportsmax 1 and 2 and rewinding to see a goal you missed on the other channel doesn't work
    3. Not much storage space vs DVR...10-20 hrs vs 100+ on the Pace DVR

On the plus side, you can watch a recorded show from any TV. And you can probably configure your package to be a bit cheaper. Also you can supposedly start watching a program that is part way through from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    Had a demonstration of AVS today. Couple of drawbacks vs the HD cable box option

1. you can't pause and rewind the live show you are watching
    2. You can't switch tuners on the fly..so eg watching two soccer matches on Sportsmax 1 and 2 and rewinding to see a goal you missed on the other channel doesn't work
    3. Not much storage space vs DVR...10-20 hrs vs 100+ on the Pace DVR

On the plus side, you can watch a recorded show from any TV. And you can probably configure your package to be a bit cheaper. Also you can supposedly start watching a program that is part way through from the beginning.
    1. Yea... that's true.. you can only do that with recorded content, or if you Play from beginning..
    2. Not sure I get what you mean? two tuners??
    3. You can add more storage if needs be.. 100hrs is $1800 extra

You can in-fact watch a program from the start.. I've been using that feature quite often I must say...
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Mar 26, 2015 at 07:58 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    1. Yea... that's true.. you can only do that with recorded content, or if you Play from beginning..
    2. Not sure I get what you mean? two tuners??
    3. You can add more storage if needs be.. 100hrs is $1800 extra

You can in-fact watch a program from the start.. I've been using that feature quite often I must say...
    Two tuners...the HD PVR has two tuners so you can switch between two channels and rewind/pause each one independently...useful for watching two things at once. As AVS is all 'in the cloud' it might be able to do something like this...this also means you can record one and watch the other...something that I believe AVS can do as it's in the 'cloud'

So if you come in half an hour after a programme starts and start watching it from the beginning, can you fast forward through the adverts until you catch up with the 'live' broadcast?

O OK.... my HD box was the one without DVR, so I wasn't aware the DVR one had two tuners..

With AVS I can record two shows at once or watch one and record one....

@ GPRS answer the last part of the man question
    So if you come in half an hour after a programme starts and start watching it from the beginning, can you fast forward through the adverts until you catch up with the 'live' broadcast?