Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow AVS Up & Running

Quote Originally Posted by BountyKilla View Post
    I have noticed now a remote control feature that allows you to control TV from any FlowtoGo app.
    Is that feature working for you? I keep getting an error that the device not connected to the set top box.

It worked for one box, but since that day I haven't gotten any response from the remote app
    PHONE: XR

I find that when playing recorded content or 'play from beginning' during primetime in the evenings, the picture stutters and freezes. The technician who came to my house to change a dead cable box said 'yes lots of people have reported this..it's a problem 'at the office' and they are 'working on it'.

Anyone else have this problem?

Will attempt to replicated
    PHONE: XR

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    I find that when playing recorded content or 'play from beginning' during primetime in the evenings, the picture stutters and freezes. The technician who came to my house to change a dead cable box said 'yes lots of people have reported this..it's a problem 'at the office' and they are 'working on it'.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Although Im not sure if it only happens in the evenings however I often use the 'play from beginning' feature when I get home late to rewind PrimeTime or CVM news and it often crash and I end up missing the news entirely.

For best PVR operations... make sure you have no splitters and you have a direct feed from your external cable box...

SPLITTERS dramatically degrade PVR/guide/on demand/play from beginning and similar functions.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    For best PVR operations... make sure you have no splitters and you have a direct feed from your external cable box...

SPLITTERS dramatically degrade PVR/guide/on demand/play from beginning and similar functions.
    That's interesting. I don't seem to have an 'external cable box' with any electronics. There is an enclosure box outside which the cable from the pole goes into.... Inside the box there is just a regular splitter that splits the cable between upstairs and downstairs. Each of these feeds gets split once more before arriving at a TV cable box or modem. Not sure how a direct feed to each cable box could be done....

@DarkAngel - I find the problem is between around 7pm and 1030pm.

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    That's interesting. I don't seem to have an 'external cable box' with any electronics. There is an enclosure box outside which the cable from the pole goes into.... Inside the box there is just a regular splitter that splits the cable between upstairs and downstairs. Each of these feeds gets split once more before arriving at a TV cable box or modem. Not sure how a direct feed to each cable box could be done....

@DarkAngel - I find the problem is between around 7pm and 1030pm.
    You are right, that box is just an enclosure, there is not much in there. This is clearly an issue at Flow and their head-end equipment, it would appear their equipment cant keep up with the peak hour demand.

The box is more than an enclosure when you have AVS... When I had the old flow system one feed came from the external box went into my house and then was split multiple times for each TV I have.. 5 TVs in total... When they came to setup my AVS they took out all the old cabling and Analog Splitters, they advised me that they had to run direct lines to each TV and one to my modem.. so that's 6 Lines in total..

How an analog splitter works is very basic, all it does is slit your cable signal but in doing so there will always be signal loss, some splitters tell you the loss in DB cable in vs cable out.. Signal loss in most cases won't affect your cable reception.. but it will affect greatly the data aspect associated with AVS.

In the pic below is all that I have in my external Cable box... with the feed from the light-pole they split it using two 3 way Digital Splitters which give allot less signal loss compared to analog splitters, and to reduce signal loss even more they use signal amplifiers, Even the cable ends are different from the ones used inside..

So as I said... if you are having problems with PVR, play pause, etc, chances are it's due to analog splitters and old wiring, so it's best to check out what you have and call FLOW and have them come in and replace all your wiring...

I have no issues with the above mentioned features...

Last edited by GPRS Internet; May 4, 2016 at 11:25 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    The box is more than an enclosure when you have AVS... When I had the old flow system one feed came from the external box went into my house and then was split multiple times for each TV I have.. 5 TVs in total... When they came to setup my AVS they took out all the old cabling and Analog Splitters, they advised me that they had to run direct lines to each TV and one to my modem.. so that's 6 Lines in total..

How an analog splitter works is very basic, all it does is slit your cable signal but in doing so there will always be signal loss, some splitters tell you the loss in DB cable in vs cable out.. Signal loss in most cases won't affect your cable reception.. but it will affect greatly the data aspect associated with AVS.

In the pic below is all that I have in my external Cable box... with the feed from the light-pole they split it using two 3 way Digital Splitters which give allot less signal loss compared to analog splitters, and to reduce signal loss even more they use signal amplifiers, Even the cable ends are different from the ones used inside..

So as I said... if you are having problems with PVR, play pause, etc, chances are it's due to analog splitters and old wiring, so it's best to check out what you have and call FLOW and have them come in and replace all your wiring...

I have no issues with the above mentioned features...
    Very interesting and informative and thanks for the pic. When the guy came to install my AVS I asked him about 'direct feeds'. He said it depended on the signal strength. He checked it and pronounced it OK...guess he should have checked it during prime time!

Youe explanation will hopefully give me the necessary to get Flow tech support sorted out!