Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow AVS Up & Running

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Definitely will look better. High quality 720 > lower quality 1080i

Some 720p videos I download I am amazed at how beautiful they are.
    What size TV you using? 720p High will look good on anything under about 46".. anything bigger and you will see a difference, and the distance you view your TV from is important as well. On my 55" and 65" 720p doesn't look at good as it does on my 46".. on a Monitor 720p will look superb..

I would rather they push out a higher 1080i or 1080p even.. but that would mainly apply to their VOD service...

720p would put less strain on the network, but I am almost sure Flow's network is robust enuff to comfortably stream 1080i High or 1080p..

In any-case.. What I'm seeing now is more than satisfactory.. it looks damn good, and pretty much compares to NetFlix Super HD..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    What size TV you using? 720p High will look good on anything under about 46".. anything bigger and you will see a difference, and the distance you view your TV from is important as well. On my 55" and 65" 720p doesn't look at good as it does on my 46".. on a Monitor 720p will look superb..

I would rather they push out a higher 1080i or 1080p even.. but that would mainly apply to their VOD service...

720p would less strain on the network, but I am almost sure Flow's network is robust enuff to comfortably stream 1080i High or 1080p..

In any-case.. What I'm seeing now is more than satisfactory.. it looks damn good, and pretty much compares to NetFlix Super HD..

48"...

You are just getting the wrong 720p videos lol.

I remember when trying to get Columbiana in 1080p and settled for 720p. When I started watching it i was like "DAMN!!!". I could even see her strand of hair.

Then I realize I been wasting my bandwidth on 1080p. Mind you if I should get a 1080p version with similar bite rate it would definitely look better. high quality 1080p will be like 3x the size though.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Well, bandwidth and file-size is not an issue for me really.. I always hunt for the Highest quality possible..
    Some MKV 1080p files I have are 8GB... lol

A 1080p mp4 is about 1-3GB.. still not bad... Takes me about 30-45mins to download.

Keep in mind that 480p looks awesome on a conventional 19" big back TV lol... put that same image on a HDTV and it's barely watchable...
    TV size will matter.. when you get a chance pree your 720p on a 65"...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Well, bandwidth and file-size is not an issue for me really.. I always hunt for the Highest quality possible..
    Some MKV 1080p files I have are 8GB... lol

A 1080p mp4 is about 1-3GB.. still not bad... Takes me about 30-45mins to download.

Keep in mind that 480p looks awesome on a conventional 19" big back TV lol... put that same image on a HDTV and it's barely watchable...
    TV size will matter.. when you get a chance pree your 720p on a 65"...
    3Gb 1080p? Hmm must not be the highest quality or a short film. When I get 1080p videos they are 5GB or more lol.

Size matters as much as the distance you sit from the screen.

I have watched 480p, when I have to find something quick and fast for a last minute occasion. They look ok. Same quality as DVD which is ok today.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

been saying "Biterate"... the term is "bit rate"
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

New Flow HD Box....has Cable in, HDMI out, 2 USB Ports, Ethernet port and AV out.
    Awesome review. This will help a lot of folks. So, about that Ethernet port. I can think of a couple of ways one might be utilized on an IP TV box. Did they give a hint as to what it is used for? It would be nice if it were configured for data-passthrough to the router so everywhere you had a cable box, you also had a data line but that is probably just wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Goucham View Post
    Awesome review. This will help a lot of folks. So, about that Ethernet port. I can think of a couple of ways one might be utilized on an IP TV box. Did they give a hint as to what it is used for? It would be nice if it were configured for data-passthrough to the router so everywhere you had a cable box, you also had a data line but that is probably just wishful thinking.
    When I get home I'm gonna connect a network cable to it and see if anything happens... I'm wondering if it will provide better link with the VOD service....

It's possible that it can be used as an alternative to the cable wire.. Flow technicians gave no hint about it... they just told me not to remove or lose the SIM card. Lol

Good stuff. I gave them a call and they told me they would upgrade my internet from 20 meg to 50 meg free until the end of August - did you get an upgrade? This seems more beneficial if you were on the highest watch package tho. If you were on any of the lower ones you'll realise some of the channels on the old system are only available on the higher packages on the new system.
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

Yea, they upgrade me from 12mb to 20mb.. I just might keep it now that my bill decreased... even with the the 20mb I would be paying a little less than what I was paying before..

Bwoy, for what your getting I still think it's a worthwhile upgrade.. even if you take the cheapest package you can add 10 Channels and pretty much be ok...

Ok, I connected a network cable and didn't really see any change...
    With the Cable wire plugged out I get a no signal from the Box...

In the configuration > System Information > Network Settings > Network Medium > You can change between 'Wired (Ethernet)' & 'Wired (Moca)' ... It's on 'Wired (Ethernet)' By default... guess I would have to talk to a Flow technician to really know what the Network port is for..

---
    Stay Connected,..