Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digicel Play vs Flow HD cable - current comparison?

Default Digicel Play vs Flow HD cable - current comparison?

Moving house soon - had Flow triple play w/ SD cable since they started in Jamaica and finally switched to Digicel Play a year ago after Flow internet service, outages and customer service had become unbearable.

Thinking now of hooking of Digicel Internet + Flow HD Cable (new house is already wired for both).

Reasons are:

- Want all EPL football - Digicel got the short end of this stick w/ the Flow Sports / Sportsmax swap as Flow purposely shows the **** matches on Flow Sports and saves the big teams for the Premier Pack

- Digicel's STB is SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW - what a horrid interface, even compared to Flow's SD cable boxes. But, I have no comparison w/ the new Flow HD Boxes.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Also where can I get a 100% complete Flow channel listing w/ everything - sports, special interest, foreign language, adult, etc.? Does not seem to be on their website.

Why don't you go satellite for TV service, Dishnetwork have some state of the art receivers at present

Quote Originally Posted by troganv View Post
    Why don't you go satellite for TV service, Dishnetwork have some state of the art receivers at present
    not interested in sat TV

https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/tv/h...w-channel-line

Click on each package and select all and paste into a spreadsheet for the full lineup. Yeah I know not exactly customer friendly but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/tv/h...w-channel-line

Click on each package and select all and paste into a spreadsheet for the full lineup. Yeah I know not exactly customer friendly but oh well.
    Saw that before thanks - but if you go to the TV Rates & Packages page for example and look at the Optional TV Packages, there are no listings - so what for example is in the "Sports Fan" pack? The Premier League pack does not seem to be listed anywhere.

Send an email to their Customer Care to have them know the lack of content on the site. They should also be able to send you a listing of the packages. If they can't you may as well stay where you are.

There are some threads here already regarding FLOW's STBs with pics so that should help you to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Send an email to their Customer Care to have them know the lack of content on the site. They should also be able to send you a listing of the packages. If they can't you may as well stay where you are.

There are some threads here already regarding FLOW's STBs with pics so that should help you to decide.
    going to just find a friend who has Flow HD and check it out in person

"Flow Customer Service" is an oxymoron

Pausing requires a USB drive and sometimes Play from Beginning does not work. Those are the only complaints I have heard.

Unless your money tun up it will be very costly to get separate services from both providers at the same time, as these two telecom companies have deliberately price their packages especially their lower tier packages so its cheaper to get all 3 services from only one provider.
    I was exploring the possibility of getting cable from Ready TV and high speed internet only from Flow/Digicel, only to be reminded of Flow and Digicel apparent predatory pricing practice, where both service providers price internet only service higher or in the case of Flow just $300 or so dollars cheaper than the triple play bundles containing the same speed internet package, So for example:

Digicel - 25 Mbps internet Only pkg cost $4,299.00, while triple play pkg w/ same 25 Mbps internet cost $3,999
    Flow - 20 Mbps internet Only pkg cost $3,799, while triple play pkg w/ same 20Mbps internet cost $3,999

So obviously most people would go with the triple play packages as a cost saving measure and thereby get locked down with one service provider providing all three services. Clearly this would be an issue for ReadyTV or any other new or small service provider or us the consumers who dont want any triple play
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Aug 2, 2017 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Unless your money tun up it will be very costly to get separate services from both providers at the same time, as these two telecom companies have deliberately price their packages especially their lower tier packages so its cheaper to get all 3 services from only one provider.
    I was exploring the possibility of getting cable from Ready TV and high speed internet only from Flow/Digicel, only to be reminded of Flow and Digicel apparent predatory pricing practice, where both service providers price internet only service higher or in the case of Flow just $300 or so dollars cheaper than the triple play bundles containing the same speed internet package, So for example:

Digicel - 25 Mbps internet Only pkg cost $4,299.00, while triple play pkg w/ same 25 Mbps internet cost $3,999
    Flow - 20 Mbps internet Only pkg cost $3,799, while triple play pkg w/ same 20Mbps internet cost $3,999

So obviously most people would go with the triple play packages as a cost saving measure and thereby get locked down with one service provider providing all three services. Clearly this would be an issue for ReadyTV or any other new or small service provider or us the consumers who dont want any triple play
    Thanks - I'm not price sensitive in this regard - just want the best service for each feature. My current Play bill is about 20k and my Flow bill used to be about 25k.

I priced it out separately and the difference is not too great for what I'm interested in (maybe a bit less even)