Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FLOW Launch new HD Channel

I have to commend the Flow team on their new platform. They conserve on bandwidth by moving everyone over to an IP based system i.e. able to add additional channels, start the process of decommissioning their legacy platform and gain additional monthly revenue by their Cloud PVR based system.

Customers of course also benefit as they no longer have to pay $40+k just for a HD DVR or $30K+ for just HD. Its relative simple to offer HD now when its IP based. I wish their were more HD movie channels (Showtime, Starz) but maybe they will come in time.

The platform integrates systems from many vendors so its a breakthrough for them to get them to work together and launch successfully.

I would be losing too much to migrate over now so I will be continue on the "old" system till my box dies.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    I would be losing too much to migrate over now so I will be continue on the "old" system till my box dies.
    What package you currently have? I think you will have to move over before the box dies as they say they are going the phase out the older packages.

ALL!

Sigh, oh well it was fun while it lasted. The limited hrs available for the PVR storage is going to affect all former HD PVR owners.

ALL!

Sigh, oh well it was fun while it lasted. The limited hrs available for the PVR storage is going to affect all former HD PVR owners.
    You can add increments of 10-25-100hrs of recording for $625-$1200-$1800
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Mar 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM.

Ok. You can guinea pig it and let us know. Worse you had the previous HD box so HD won't be anything new, you can give an unbiased review.

Ok. You can guinea pig it and let us know. Worse you had the previous HD box so HD won't be anything new, you can give an unbiased review.
    Yea.. all I'm gaining is more HD Channels and HD on more TV'S..... I'm gonna lose a few Channels that I didn't watch so I'm good there...

I just hope what they are offering will be true HD 1080i or at least 720p.. hope it won't be some 480 up-scaling. They were showing ESPN HD at the Flow store and it pretty much looks like mine at home... just that my TV is calibrated much much better.