Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HTC One M9 Thread

Default HTC One M9 Thread

Hardware

HTC One M9 packs a 5" 1080p display - the same unit from One (M8) - Super LCD3 - with minor improvements on the technology and color rendering. The highlight of the front are the traditional BoomSound stereo speakers, now improved further by Dolby Sound technology.

HTC One M9 in Pink and Gold

The One M9 is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 platform - an octa-core 64-bit processor with four Cortex-A57 cores at 2.0GHz and four Cortex-A53 working at 1.5GHz. The new Adreno 430 is responsible for the graphics, while the 3GB RAM will help with the multi-tasking.

The rest of the specs include 32GB expandable storage and rich connectivity package with LTE Cat.6 or Cat.9 (various by region) with support for 21 LTE bands, wired and wireless TV-out, GPS + GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC and Wi-Fi ac.

Camera

HTC has dropped the dual-camera tech in favor of a Toshiba-made 20MP sensor with a 1/2.3" sensor size. HTC One M9 comes with a 20MP BSI camera on the back with F/2.2 aperture and dual-LED dual-tone flash. The maximum shooting resolution is 5376 x 3752 px – that’s 10:7 aspect ratio. RAW capture is supported, as is 4K video recording.

The HTC One M9 rear camera

Unfortunately, the camera doesn't support optical image stabilization, but on a positive note there is a sapphire glass to protect the lens from scratches.

The front selfie camera uses a 4MP UltraPixel sensor, quite similar to the one embedded on the backs of HTC One (M7) and One (M8), but without auto focus.

HTC has developed new cooler effects for the rear camera and promises a brand new Zoe apps for Android and iOS.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m9_g...news-11371.php
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

If only HTC had given these specs to the M8... owell
    Good to see such a huge leap in the Camera thou.. S6 still rocking a 16mp, it's good So I guess they never needed to upgrade.

I prefer this compared to the S6... just sad the the S6 gonna sell like hot cakes here in Jamaica While this will go to only a select few..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

I dont think S6 gonna sell like hot cakes. Oh in jamaica probably yes.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

The net is complaining about the lack of a design change but I actually think it wise on HTC's part. The phone was almost perfect except for the camera so they fixed it. Don't let the 20Mp camera fool you though its not as great as Samsung's or Apple's. Just ok based on the pics I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    The net is complaining about the lack of a design change but I actually think it wise on HTC's part. The phone was almost perfect except for the camera so they fixed it. Don't let the 20Mp camera fool you though its not as great as Samsung's or Apple's. Just ok based on the pics I have seen.
    As long as it's better than the 4 ultra pixel cam..

HTC One M9 powered by the 64-bit Snapdragon 810, produces overheating warning on AnTuTu

Remember last year when everyone panicked for a few days when there was talk about the Snapdragon 810 chipset overheating? Many still believe that this was the reason for Samsung's decision to pack its new flagship model with the home grown Exynos 7420 SoC. Last month, these overheating issues were rumored to have been permanently overcome. Meanwhile, HTC, Xiaomi and LG have continued to use the Snapdragon 810 as the SoC that powers some of their premium models.

On Sunday, HTC introduced its latest flagship phone, the HTC One M9. Neither HTC, Xiaomi, nor LG had any complaints about the Snapdragon 810 with LG going as far as saying it was one of the least overheating chips it had ever worked with. LG's vice president of mobile, Woo Ram-chan, couldn't believe the reports about the overheating, especially after noting that the Snapdragon 810 powered LG G Flex 2 is one of the coolest running smartphones now available.

What brings all of this up again is a trip that the HTC One M9 took to the AnTuTu benchmark site. On the floor of MWC in Barcelona, someone from a Romanian website decided to see how HTC's new flagship would score. Since the HTC One (M8) constantly scored in the 42,000-43,000 range, it was expected that the sequel would do well. Instead of a score, a message popped up that said "The device temperature is too high. Please test again after cooling the device. Continue testing may cause the system to restart or shut down."
    For more http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-O...AnTuTu_id66795
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I dont think S6 gonna sell like hot cakes. Oh in jamaica probably yes.
    Only in JA yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    If it ain't broke don't try and fix it I always say.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I stop trust that app from it gave me false readings on my HTC One X plus and to me seems it have a ting against HTC phones. Could just be me though...
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    As long as it's better than the 4 ultra pixel cam..
    This new cam also doesn't have Optical Image Stabilization
    MSI GE62VR Apache Pro ||| Sn10 OP5T Powered by Digicel & Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Digital D View Post
    This new cam also doesn't have Optical Image Stabilization
    That's not really a deal breaker....