Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My ip address is currently showing that my location is in america, help plz.

Can anybody else confirm if this is happening to them??. flow had some incompetent tech agent call me a few minutes ago & call got cut off & he didn't call back, i had screen shotted my ip address page from "myipaddress.com" & dude don't even explain to me the situation, sigh.

What other isp's have a solid connection outside of flow that won't give me this problem?.

Quote Originally Posted by exothermic View Post
    Can anybody else confirm if this is happening to them??. flow had some incompetent tech agent call me a few minutes ago & call got cut off & he didn't call back, i had screen shotted my ip address page from "myipaddress.com" & dude don't even explain to me the situation, sigh.

What other isp's have a solid connection outside of flow that won't give me this problem?.
    Where does it tell you location? That site just shows me my IP.. it does not show me any location....

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

You can also just try n check out any website that normally wouldn't allow you to view their videos(mtv.com etc) & see if blocks your country still or not.

I make money on the side playing online poker basically & the U.S is shut out from gambling online due to government regulations & i'm just annoyed as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by exothermic View Post
    http://whatismyipaddress.com/

You can also just try n check out any website that normally wouldn't allow you to view their videos(mtv.com etc) & see if blocks your country still or not.

I make money on the side playing online poker basically & the U.S is shut out from gambling online due to government regulations & i'm just annoyed as hell.
    You release and renew your IP address and getting the same issue ?
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

^^^^ Mhmm.............. Also my ip address never changes pretty much, no matter how much times i reset or leave off my modem/router.
    Last edited by exothermic; Feb 27, 2015 at 11:43 PM.

Don't restart, manually release it...
    http://armstrongonewire.com/support/...P-Address.aspx

Also, is your connection wired or wireless ??

Restart in safe mode with networking and see if you get the same IP address ....
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

When you say you reset the modem, do you mean unplug and plug or actually hit the reset button?

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    When you say you reset the modem, do you mean unplug and plug or actually hit the reset button?
    ^^^ Both

@GPRS, i did release & renew manually & nothing changed.

I just saw from a google search that some dude on facebook had this same problem back in 2011(i think) & got it resolved in 2days once he posted it on flow fb page, seems like i'll try that avenue ehh.

Just got this email back from pokerstars.net after i explained the situation to them.

"We apologize for this inconvenience; however, there is little we can do at this point, if your connection is being routed through US.

Just as you mentioned, after a review of your account we are able to determine that you are not located in the United States of America (or a territory of the United States of America).

Upon reviewing the way you connect to the internet, we believe that your local Internet Service Provider (ISP) uses a type of internet back up connection provided by the United States ISP company Columbus Networks USA, which is regularly used around the world as a back up connection to smaller, local ISPs.

This can be confirmed by searching for the IP in question **.***.**.*0 in any of the IP look up websites available online such as:

http://www.maxmind.com/

PokerStars employs automated services to prevent players that we believe to be in the United States from using our real money games. For this reason, the IP address at issue here will continue to trigger this restriction. However, it appears to be a rare and unusual issue and should not affect you very often.

"We suggest that you reset your modem, router or any other type of internet connection you are using and try again. If this does not switch back to the local IP address, we recommend that you contact your ISP. Please provide them with the United States IP address and explain to them the situation and request them to reset it back to the original local IP address.

We hope that this sufficiently answers your query, but should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us."
    "

So it seems flow can reset my ip address back to it's original, atleast i hope, sigh.

You of all persons who don't want a US IP address end up getting it, while others who want it can't get it free and have to pay extra for a VPN solution. Whats the odds of this happening just by chance, given the fact you are gambling online?