Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My ip address is currently showing that my location is in america, help plz.

Default My ip address is currently showing that my location is in america, help plz.

I use flow jamaica & my ip address is now showing that my location is miami floria n using colombus networks(which upon research found out they seem to be the parent company for flow). However i'm in jamaica & don't want my i.p address to show as an american as i now can't access certain websites because of this, what's the issue here?.

p.s already called flow & they told me they will get back to me.

Unplug your modem for 15 - 30 mins, this should release your public IP address forcing your modem to acquire a new one when it connects. Hopefully the new one will be in JA

This is the first complaint I have seen about having a US IP address and not being able to access some form of content. Its usually the other way around, heck people even pay for that through a VPN service.

I can understand if the local content is important to you, just know that its a blessing in disguise that you would normally have to fork out money for.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    Unplug your modem for 15 - 30 mins, this should release your public IP address forcing your modem to acquire a new one when it connects. Hopefully the new one will be in JA
    Thats all the time it takes to get a new ip with flow? I would normally recommend overnight at least depending on how many free ips they have and the actual session timeout.

I tried leaving it off for like 20mins & it didn't work, so going to leave it off 2night n hopefully it changes to jamaican i.p address 2morrow. Really annoyed by this though, most random thing to happen ehh.

You may have inadvertently installed a "free" vpn service.
    Check to see what is in your startup/service settings by running MSCONFIG.
    Who else has been using your computer?
    Calm Like a BOMB

Matronyx remember he said
    my ip address is now showing that my location is miami floria n using colombus networks
    A VPN service would not have a Columbus Networks IP. He simply got assigned one of their US IP addresses as their network spans multiple locations. Hopefully one of their techs may see this thread and assist with resolving his issue.

Left my computer off overnight & still ip address is the same & still an american one, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx View Post
    You may have inadvertently installed a "free" vpn service.
    Check to see what is in your startup/service settings by running MSCONFIG.
    Who else has been using your computer?
    Just checked msconfig and don't see anything unusual which could be a vpn, going to call flowja back again. Nobody uses my computer but me as well, grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Matronyx remember he said

A VPN service would not have a Columbus Networks IP. He simply got assigned one of their US IP addresses as their network spans multiple locations. Hopefully one of their techs may see this thread and assist with resolving his issue.
    Oh thought he was looking at the hops.
    Calm Like a BOMB