Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: BBOS 10.3.1 is Now Official

Quote Originally Posted by Adrii_Dre View Post
    Yea man... Well good yah now! But I wanted to figure out if the update came from Digicel...
    Bell and Telus started rolling out the update today, so unless your device was from one of them..

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Omg they removed flash? Greaaatt! Just great!
    Doubt you will miss it...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

I doubt any mobile phone update comes from our local phone companies. International versions usually get updates first since they are totally unlocked and much easier to role out for anyways, followed by those modified by carriers. So should depend on where Digcel and Lime got their stock from I think.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

All carriers receive the updates long before it goes public.. they then have to test it to ensure it works properly on their networks..
    If they encounter a set amount of bugs they report back to BlackBerry for a fix... If bugs are limited then they roll out the update.

This is not really the case thou, as once a carrier releases an update they tend to drag their feet when they receive new updates, some updates don't carry enough new features for them to roll it out... but when it's a big jump like 10.2 to 10.3 they tend to act a little faster.

They also drag feet as they want persons to spend money and buy new phones from them instead of updating and keeping existing devices longer..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

I have downloaded it from crackberry and I have it running on my Q5 I have fallen in love with my Blackberry all over again. Awesome update!
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    All carriers receive the updates long before it goes public.. they then have to test it to ensure it works properly on their networks..
    If they encounter a set amount of bugs they report back to BlackBerry for a fix... If bugs are limited then they roll out the update.

This is not really the case thou, as once a carrier releases an update they tend to drag their feet when they receive new updates, some updates don't carry enough new features for them to roll it out... but when it's a big jump like 10.2 to 10.3 they tend to act a little faster.

They also drag feet as they want persons to spend money and buy new phones from them instead of updating and keeping existing devices longer..
    I think the local carriers are gonna hold onto the updates until they start selling the new blackberry devices.

I think the local carriers are gonna hold onto the updates until they start selling the new blackberry devices.
    Last BlackBerry Digicel or Lime carried was the Z10, Q5 & Q10.. none carried the Z30 or the just released Passport or Classic..
    Pretty safe to say they won't be carrying anymore BlackBerry unless BlackBerry start dominate again..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Last BlackBerry Digicel or Lime carried was the Z10, Q5 & Q10.. none carried the Z30 or the just released Passport or Classic..
    Pretty safe to say they won't be carrying anymore BlackBerry unless BlackBerry start dominate again..
    Well actually, lime was supposed to push the Z30, but something changed their minds... a couple of the managers actually have Z30s... also they've brought in a new blackberry called the somoa, it's just on sale yet. And I have inside source (directly from a member of the blackberry team) that Lime and a couple blackberry representatives were in dealings for them to sell the passport... This sources are as legit as GCT... so pretty soon you can expect to see the passport here...

jomo Guest

As much as they are lame id love to see blackberries back in the fame even just as a change, if I buy one more Samsung phone or try one more crap from HTC or LG I will go crazy

Lol on a related note I still have a bold 5 and a torch 2 in my room right now just as back up or lend to someone if dem lose dem phone or sumn (better than buying, lol)

Well actually, lime was supposed to push the Z30, but something changed their minds... a couple of the managers actually have Z30s... also they've brought in a new blackberry called the somoa, it's just on sale yet. And I have inside source (directly from a member of the blackberry team) that Lime and a couple blackberry representatives were in dealings for them to sell the passport... This sources are as legit as GCT... so pretty soon you can expect to see the passport here...
    LIME sells the Somoa.. it's the 9720.. Bout $25,000 for it...
    I've sold a few as well.... It's the latest Curve.. but it's running BB OS7.1..

I know of only one Passport in Jamaica lol, and is ma links at Digicel have it.. they got it from BlackBerry for testing purposes, but he doubts Digicel will push it... the Classic would be more feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    As much as they are lame id love to see blackberries back in the fame even just as a change, if I buy one more Samsung phone or try one more crap from HTC or LG I will go crazy

Lol on a related note I still have a bold 5 and a torch 2 in my room right now just as back up or lend to someone if dem lose dem phone or sumn (better than buying, lol)
    I sold a Torch 2 the other day for $3000 lol
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Feb 22, 2015 at 09:01 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

LIME sells the Somoa.. it's the 9720.. Bout $25,000 for it...
    I've sold a few as well.... It's the latest Curve.. but it's running BB OS7.1..

I know of only one Passport in Jamaica lol, and is ma links at Digicel have it.. they got it from BlackBerry for testing purposes, but he doubts Digicel will push it... the Classic would be more feasible.

I sold a Torch 2 the other day for $3000 lol
    Well I've seen 5 passports.... 4 black and one red...
    Seen 2 Classics

I've seen people come into the office asking for the passport. So anything is possible.