Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TechJamaica is unsafe to a degree

I was the one that raised the issue of how this was handled by the op.

Note, the information is valuable, I do not think anyone is disputing that. I took it from the standpoint of making sure of having individual username/passwords for sites. I even thanked the op for the info.
    How technically accurate the perceived vulnerability is.... I don't know don't care.

Now comes the point...
    I made reference to something being left unsecured, unknowingly or otherwise, and instead of alerting the owner first and foremost a general broadcast is made in the guise of being "helpful".

Can you imagine persons now that didn't bother to even check the security of shopinja getting curious and doing what the average script kiddy does "Mek mi go try it!!".
    How is this helpful to the owner of that site or the persons who have not been able to change their passwords in time.
    Firs't steps of a whitehat is to alert the site owners then escalate or move on, not expose to john public and create widespread panic and spreading of fudd.

Be responsible for what you post.
    Calm Like a BOMB

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx View Post
    I was the one that raised the issue of how this was handled by the op.

Note, the information is valuable, I do not think anyone is disputing that. I took it from the standpoint of making sure of having individual username/passwords for sites. I even thanked the op for the info.
    How technically accurate the perceived vulnerability is.... I don't know don't care.

Now comes the point...
    I made reference to something being left unsecured, unknowingly or otherwise, and instead of alerting the owner first and foremost a general broadcast is made in the guise of being "helpful".

Can you imagine persons now that didn't bother to even check the security of shopinja getting curious and doing what the average script kiddy does "Mek mi go try it!!".
    How is this helpful to the owner of that site or the persons who have not been able to change their passwords in time.
    Firs't steps of a whitehat is to alert the site owners then escalate or move on, not expose to john public and create widespread panic and spreading of fudd.

Be responsible for what you post.
    Site owners most be responsible for their site.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I agree pezz. 100% agree.
    I also believe as a user of this site, me being helpful is contacting said owners first if I see an issue like this.
    Thats just me though...
    Calm Like a BOMB

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx View Post
    I agree pezz. 100% agree.
    I also believe as a user of this site, me being helpful is contacting said owners first if I see an issue like this.
    Thats just me though...
    Yeah i get what you are saying.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Site owners most be responsible for their site.
    My site is currently being rebuilt from the ground up, it will have https and other 'modern' security features to give a safer user experience as it will lean towards a merchant capable site.

The site now is currently running on Free Forum software that was not written by me, so if it comes with flaws then I would have to use another or use it as is.

The issue that the original poster outlined is not detrimental based on the nature of my site or TechJamaica, it's a flaw none the less and it would be good to patch it.

I'm basically running a taxi and driving an older car without air bags and he is telling me that I need airbags.. the fact that I don't have airbags is not due to me but due to how I got the car.. so I either upgrade car or try to retrofit airbags..

Anyway Blahh........ let me stop posting ignorant and fool-fool things lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Anyway Blahh........ let me stop posting ignorant and fool-fool things lol
    Good idea.

buying a car without airbags is 100% your fault btw.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Good idea.

buying a car without airbags is 100% your fault btw.
    You note I said it's an older car? meaning I had it from before Airbags were being installed .... grrr
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

You note I said it's an older car? meaning I had it from before Airbags were being installed ??
    It is still your fault. No one forced you to buy it.

And airbag not equal security so I dont get the comparison either.

A better comparison would be buying a car without alarm.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

My site is currently being rebuilt from the ground up, it will have https and other 'modern' security features to give a safer user experience as it will lean towards a merchant capable site.
    haha ... i havent been on TJ in years and just decided to come check it out tonite and i buck up on this thread, dwl. It's good to see that Mr 'GPRS' is upgrading to '4G', but why you being so defensive? u couldve said that in your first reply.

a thief will take a honda if he sees the door open since the ferrari he really wants to steal is too secure, and while he couldve tried to steal the honda with the alarm, the one with the door left open will be way easier.

anyway i really dont know much about these things, u guys are the smart ones, but remember that attitude is important.

TJ still rules
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

Wasn't said in first reply because based on how the site is now and what it offers having https wouldn't really give most users are better sense of security.. (My Opinion)

Based on the direction the site is going https will be needed.

If both car doors left open which one theif gonna take??
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Mar 2, 2015 at 11:13 PM.