Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TechJamaica is unsafe to a degree

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Are you aware that eBay was recently hacked?? Are you aware that Sony was recently Hacked?? are you aware that many other major sites that use top level security have been hacked??

The most current banking hacks took place over a period of 2 years.. over us$1 billion was stolen.. so if you think that 'time-consumingly difficult' is a deterrent to hackers think again.

You think 128 bits cannot be broken? May be impossible for the average basement hacker to break. but are you aware of large hacking groups? hacking groups that are privately and in some cases government funded...

If you know these things.. then stop thinking and posting like an average Joe that would have no in-depth knowledge on the subject matter..
    If is revealed tomorrow the the 128-bit encryption that TLS v1.2 uses is broken or can be cracked, the internet as we know it would be finished. None of hacks you cite occurred because they broke TLS (or even SSLv3), they happened because of social-engineering, inside help, and weak encryption ciphers (SHA1) on database stores. Also those databases where downloaded and stored off-line to get the time needed to crack the keys. A web-server wouldn't keep any TCP/IP connection alive long enough for an encryption key to be brute-forced.

I kindly asking you to think properly, Google if you have to, please ease up with these stupid arguments.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    If is revealed tomorrow the the 128-bit encryption that TLS v1.2 uses is broken or can be cracked, the internet as we know it would be finished. None of hacks you cite occurred because they broke TLS (or even SSLv3), they happened because of social-engineering, inside help, and weak encryption ciphers (SHA1) on database stores. Also those databases where downloaded and stored off-line to get the time needed to crack the keys. A web-server wouldn't keep any TCP/IP connection alive long enough for an encryption key to be brute-forced.

I kindly asking you to think properly, Google if you have to, please ease up with these stupid arguments.
    Sorry,,, I cannot comment further as it would be unrelated to the topic..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

As a loser would normally say when they lost the argument lol
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    As a loser would normally say when they lost the argument lol
    Said the man who claims I'm commenting off topic...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Yuh argument dem fool-fool an' a it dat. As I said, if you don't know, Google it.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

I guess its time to put up or shut up. Here is your vulnerability result for ShopinJa.com.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...27578772667221

You can scan the link in VirusTotal.com to verify its just a PDF prinout.

Here is a Norton scan test for the file

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/sho...27578772667221

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusDragon View Post
    I guess its time to put up or shut up. Here is your vulnerability result for ShopinJa.com.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...27578772667221

You can scan the link in VirusTotal.com to verify its just a PDF prinout.

Here is a Norton scan test for the file

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/sho...27578772667221
    Lets see now.. you want me to go to tinyupload.com and download a pdf file???
    You then send a Norton scan of said file... did someone here mention social engineering?? I wonder...

Interesting to say the least... lol ... I'll pass.. I'll take your word for it that my site has security issues..

Still waiting for you to advise on how to fix the issues you mentioned...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Really now, how this thread escalate to such an argument?

GPRS, the reality is, not everyone that highlights security issues to us will want to provide a solution for us. I have had to deal with that in a forum software that I am part of the development team. Hackers find loopholes and post it online. Our members find it and tell us and we have to find a fix for it. It would be nice if they did,

As an administrator of your own site, you need to keep up with security best practices, to protect your members and to protect the data.
    Security is an ever moving target. Secure today, vulnerable tomorrow.

Pezz, GeniusDragon, the most you can do is alert the administrator of security issues and leave the rest up to them.
    Arguing with them about their site isn't going to get you anywhere....except maybe with a headache.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Pezz, GeniusDragon, the most you can do is alert the administrator of security issues and leave the rest up to them.
    Arguing with them about their site isn't going to get you anywhere....except maybe with a headache.
    Which is what the OP did. I dont care for GPRS site lol.

I was arguing against the excuses.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    As an administrator of your own site, you need to keep up with security best practices, to protect your members and to protect the data.
    Security is an ever moving target. Secure today, vulnerable tomorrow.
    All my websites are running the latest security patches and updates that is provided by the software it's running.. and I have added security plugins added..

I stated why I don't have the latest 2.x version of SMF installed but at the same time I have the latest version of 1.1.x installed that they still support and patch..

If i have issue with something here should I not voice my concerns? or should I just ignore? Seems I need to venture in the ignore route.. cause some people here keeps thinking I'm arguing wrong or right which is far from the case. most times I ain't even arguing.. lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..