Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TechJamaica is unsafe to a degree

Did I say he was wrong. NOPE..
    Did I say the info he posted was incorrect. NOPE

His approach and the manner in which he presented the information is what I have an issue with..

Have you heard of manufacturer recalls??? It happens. Manufactures recall various things by the millions due to them having flaws..

Security issues are patched quite often as they are found or based on how vulnerable they are.

I installed a https plugin on my site and had to disable it as it was conflicting with some other plugins.. another reason being hackers have bots that seek out and find https sites, if you are running https means you have something worth securing or stealing.

The only sensable advise would be to insist that users chose passwords unrelated to their email/banking passwords etc so in the even a hack does happen your password won't be compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post

Have you heard of manufacturer recalls??? It happens. Manufactures recall various things by the millions due to them having flaws..
    Why you mentioning manufacturer recalls? Nothing was said about the car or door having faults. Just you trying to justify the garbage again.

If i leave my door open I still dont see how it is anyone's fault but my own. So just please drop the crap.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Did I say he was wrong. NOPE..
    Did I say the info he posted was incorrect. NOPE

His approach and the manner in which he presented the information is what I have an issue with..

Security issues are patched quite often as they are found or based on how vulnerable they are.

I installed a https plugin on my site and had to disable it as it was conflicting with some other plugins.. another reason being hackers have bots that seek out and find https sites, if you are running https means you have something worth securing or stealing.

The only sensable advise would be to insist that users chose passwords unrelated to their email/banking passwords etc so in the even a hack does happen your password won't be compromised.
    This is the most ignorant thing I have seen on the internet all day. When yuh a mek excuse yuh guh hawd.

Are you really saying that there are bots out there that specifically seek out and try to break a 128-bit encryption key? Wouldn't it be easier if that bot seeks out an unencrypted connection instead?
    If you cant properly implement site-wide HTTPS on your site due to legacy code support say so, don't go making up stupid excuses. Your website would not be the first that faced the problem of security vs. an old code-base. In fact, the owners of Reddit say the cant use HTTPS because of that same reason.
    Last edited by gW33Zy; Feb 18, 2015 at 09:43 PM.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    This is the most ignorant thing I have seen on the internet all day. When yuh a mek excuse yuh guh hawd.

Are you really saying that there are bots out there that specifically seek out and try to break a 128-bit encryption key? Wouldn't it be easier if that bot seeks out an unencrypted connection instead?
    If you cant properly implement site-wide HTTPS on your site due to legacy code support say so, don't go making up stupid excuses. Your website would not be the first that faced the problem of security vs. an old code-base. In fact, the owners of Reddit say the cant use HTTPS because of that same reason.
    LOOOOOOOOOL. jah know put the man on blast.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Thanks for dealing with this guy. I cant deal with people who have nothing better to do than take it personal when others try to help them.

Ignorant to a fault, mi a tell u.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Why you mentioning manufacturer recalls? Nothing was said about the car or door having faults. Just you trying to justify the garbage again.

If i leave my door open I still dont see how it is anyone's fault but my own. So just please drop the crap.
    Do you know what a reference is.. can you comprehend when someone is making a comparison??? seems not.. lol
    It doesn't matter that you left your car door open.. it matters that the possibility exist that it may be left open because of a fault not related to you..

Manufacturer recalls would be equivalent to all the security patches various forum software vendors apply to fix security issues.
    But once again, you are not gonna see the connection and register the info as garbage .. lol

Yes that's really what I'm trying to say.. lol are you going to seek out and hack sites like Amazon/Ebay/Etc... or are you going to seek out and hack grandmas gardening site?
    Sites running https are higher targets vs sites not running https..

It's really sad that a tech site have so much people with such limited knowledge relating to various things posted here..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Do you know what a reference is.. can you comprehend when someone is making a comparison??? seems not.. lol
    It doesn't matter that you left your car door open.. it matters that the possibility exist that it may be left open because of a fault not related to you..

Manufacturer recalls would be equivalent to all the security patches various forum software vendors apply to fix security issues.
    But once again, you are not gonna see the connection and register the info as garbage .. lol

Yes that's really what I'm trying to say.. lol are you going to seek out and hack sites like Amazon/Ebay/Etc... or are you going to seek out and hack grandmas gardening site?
    Sites running https are higher targets vs sites not running https..

It's really sad that a tech site have so much people with such limited knowledge relating to various things posted here..

A nuh your fault.

To break a key with 128 bits of entropy is not something trivial. It is 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,45 6 guesses at your encryption key. The hardware requirement would be something only well funded organizations can afford, i.e, NSA, CIA.
    The difficulty makes it un-feasible to hack a regular website, that's why you get an SSL cert it in the first place, to make it financial and time-consumingly difficult.
    Last edited by gW33Zy; Feb 18, 2015 at 10:05 PM.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

To break a key with 128 bits of entropy is not something trivial. It is 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,45 6 guesses at your encryption key. The hardware requirement would be something only well funded organizations can afford, i.e, NSA, CIA.
    The difficulty makes it un-feasible to hack a regular website, that's why you get an SSL cert it in the first place, to make it financial and time-consumingly difficult.
    Are you aware that eBay was recently hacked?? Are you aware that Sony was recently Hacked?? are you aware that many other major sites that use top level security have been hacked??

The most current banking hacks took place over a period of 2 years.. over us$1 billion was stolen.. so if you think that 'time-consumingly difficult' is a deterrent to hackers think again.

You think 128 bits cannot be broken? May be impossible for the average basement hacker to break. but are you aware of large hacking groups? hacking groups that are privately and in some cases government funded...

If you know these things.. then stop thinking and posting like an average Joe that would have no in-depth knowledge on the subject matter..
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Feb 18, 2015 at 10:11 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

So if "I" leave my car door open is not my fault. I thought I have seen the worst from you, but this tops it to blowow DWL.

Recalls arent equivalent to no patch. Recall is when something does not work as intended. Security patches are for security upgrades to a software. Once again cut the crap

Are you aware that eBay was recently hacked?? Are you aware that Sony was recently Hacked?? are you aware that many other major sites that use top level security have been hacked??

The most current banking hacks took place over a period of 2 years.. over us$1 billion was stolen.. so if you think that 'time-consumingly difficult' is a deterrent to hackers think again.

You think 128 bits cannot be broken? May be impossible for the average basement hacker to break. but are you aware of large hacking groups? hacking groups that are privately and in some cases government funded...

If you know these things.. then stop thinking and posting like an average Joe that would have no in-depth knowledge on the subject matter..
    I fail to see what any of this have to do with the topic :/
    Last edited by pezz; Feb 18, 2015 at 10:19 PM.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    So if "I" leave my car door open is not my fault. I thought I have seen the worst from you, but this tops it to blowow DWL.

Recalls arent equivalent to no patch. Recall is when something does not work as intended. Security patches are for security upgrades to a software. Once again cut the crap

I fail to see what any of this have to do with the topic :/
    A security patch is done to fix something that did not work as intended which would cause a vulnerability..
    Why you still on car door though ???? lol

What am I missing... Isn't the topic about security and a website being open to hacks??

O wait.. the Poster did single out TechJamaica and ShopinJA.. So I guess making reference to other sites would be irrelevant.. lol

My Bad... carry on....
    ---
    Stay Connected,..