Thread: Need a NLOS solution....

Exclamation Need a NLOS solution....

Good morning peeps,

I currently live in a rural area where LIME ADSL internet is crappy and unreliable while Flow, Dekal, Digicel Broadband 4G is not available... I have a friend who has acquired high speed internet through "links", he has decided to share his connection with me on the sole condition that i'd pay for any hardware required and such... thing is, he lives about 2000 yards away from my house... i cannot see his house from mine because there are about 8 trees in the way... My house is on higher ground than his so acquiring a signal through line of sight is out of the question.

I did some reading up and made some analysis on the subject and it seems that the only decent solution is acquiring 900mhz antennas, but that has me thinking... isn't that frequency registered to Digicel? would i get in trouble if i use it?

Also, is there any other networking solution that i could use which falls below a $115,000 budget?

It will be pretty difficult to offer a solution without knowing where you are, even a general area, don't have to give out exact coordinates
    Are you sure DEKAL is not available? They have the best "Rural" solutions imo.

You did calculations for just how high of a tower you would have to construct at both ends to rule out LOS?
    Calm Like a BOMB

I guess fibre is out of the question but i don't think the antenna should cause any trouble.
    Shhhh!I see dead people!

Fibre is a good option if he can protect the cable over the length of the run, maybe within pvc pipes.
    Just be very careful with the pull though, 1000ft fibre runs around US$500.
    Calm Like a BOMB

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx View Post
    Fibre is a good option if he can protect the cable over the length of the run, maybe within pvc pipes.
    Just be very careful with the pull though, 1000ft fibre runs around US$500.
    Agreed!!

Fiber is normally a good option for high speed internet. I remember when i used to make fiber cables. I wouldn't wish that job on anybody.(Finger troubles)

I have a smart idea... i can perhaps advise that you could get a strong broadband power line adapter and just use the Jps lines since u and him perhaps share he same wires coming into the house. I could source these devices perhaps or direct u.....no need to build out your own network etc. Jps power lines are suitable enough