Thread: How does anyone stand being a pre-paid Digicel customer?

jomo Guest

Default How does anyone stand being a pre-paid Digicel customer?

This is beyond ridiculous

I purchased a pre paid sim to stream data to my postpaid phone as the 3gb data plan is already up

The amount of MESSAGES DIGICEL SENSE THE PREPAID PHONE is retarded

ON TOP of that
    I added 500 credit last night and in the time it took me to GO THROUGH AOL THE CRAP it takes to renew a data plan

*you cannot just type in the code to renew it, have to start from scratch and it's TEDIOUS to say the least

Then now I activated a 2 day plan and AOL CREDIT MISSING

I call them, which I rarely do, and they say I should have TURNED OFF THE DATA BEFORR I ACTIVATED the plan...

So because I didn't do that the phone ate up the data, in the small time between me added the credit and activating a plan...

Yow this is great trust me! How people stand being a pre paid customer I have no idea...

I only used digicel for a short time. I support the lesser of the two evils which is lime.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

it depends on what u use ur phone for... not everyone use their phone the same

i dont use a data plan as i dont need that much data... i use my credit and run a firewall to only allow "whatapp" to use my data (i try not to send/receive pics/voice notes)

however when i know im going to use alot of data then i would buy the $100 for 2 days but i honestly agree that the data plans are too expensive and i have sent many messages to both lime and digicel and only lime have been making flexible adjustments

in regards to calls/texts... dont make much of both... i would use textPlus to send free text messages while on wifi

Sounds like you using an android phone, try one of those new BBs that have the wifi hotspot functionality. but then again you'll still get the texts. lol

jomo Guest

Well I put the firewall on and it can't hotspot, lol, i have a be I could use but can't bother, the 200mb just last a day or less

But it's temporarily till I pay my bill, might want a double sim phone next to avoid this in the future, if I had WiFi at home id be better off, but when I do I stay home all the time like a white man in a basement, lol

sunday i was unlocking a phone n by the time i realise what was happening $100 gone in data........ i remember LIME use to have this thing where u had to click to agree to use data without a plan both lime n digicel needs to reintroduce this n stop tek ppl credit. the last time digicel took $200 credit because my plan was exceeded n some big app was updating.......

its been well over a month since i've used mobile data on any network. with wifi at work n home (i live 5mins from work) the little time i am on the road i do without mobile data.......
    Last edited by danthony; Jan 27, 2015 at 11:30 AM.
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

jomo Guest

You know what makes NO SENSE

the rep told me that 270 sumn mb was used in the STILL TIME between when I put on the credit and activated the plan

That makes no sense as the 200mb lasts longer and I browse heavily...

I hear people complain about crap like this all the time but I barely listen bit now I feel it, and it's not the credit that bother me

It's just the feeling you get as if you don't matter, and being robbed and literally HARAASED by them

If the phone want in silent it would drive me mad, text after text about the data plan, friends with benefits or some crap plan, free nights enter some competition or some crap one after the other after the other

Really sickening...

DISSAPOINTED in digicel to sync the least, something as simple as having a pre paid sim and hooking up data plans to it is a flipping headache, only reason I didn't use a lime sim is the phone is digicel locked, if I can get a decent dual sim phone I'm gonna try lime and hope for the best