Thread: Digi partners w/ Rdio to offer music streaming service

Default Digi partners w/ Rdio to offer music streaming service

Digicel Group on Thursday announced a service with leading global music streaming provider, Rdio, to offer Digicel customers across the globe access to over 35 million international titles as well as the very best local and regional music, on their own smartphones.

To mark the launch of the service, Digicel is giving all customers who purchase a prepaid data plan, 30 minutes of free music per day, up to a maximum of 30 days. This offer will be rolled out across all markets in the coming weeks. In addition, the Rdio app is being tailored for Digicel customers to include customised playlists with the very best of local, regional and international music.

The free app is available to download from the Google Play store, the Apple App Store, Windows Phone Store and online at www.rdio.com
    Source Techcrunch
    Jamaica-Observer

I'm curious is streaming music something people here are interested in paying for?
    Also how would this work in terms of impact on one's data plans?
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Jan 23, 2015 at 09:45 AM.

i guess streaming music would catch on eventually. if the price is right. mostly higher end users though i would suspect anyways. i would just spend the effort using youtube than paying. youtube even has alot of playlists so even that takes care of the hassle......

data plan???

but its a great questions cos data would disappear very quickly.
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

It looks like both LIME and Digicel are betting on this streaming service to catch on, as both have signed deals to offer this service in just the last couple of weeks.
    Might be Im just getting old, but I dont see the demand yet, and personally I dont see myself pay for this service.

I'd rather save some mp3s and listen to those than stream music. Don't really see this catching on.
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2