Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows 10 Free After first year!

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Because chatting about windows being "free for a year" is a waste of time. Half the people already pirate it and are not even gonna upgrade because windows moved from a thin operating system to a memory hungry beast - yeah its fast - AFTER its done eating all your RAM.

A free windows is clearly a trap. Probably has online only features like Destiny

Now this is worth talking about;
    And my point is you can simply start a new thread no need to hijack - kinda worse sad you are a mod.........
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Finally someone post a link we can read lol.

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Wow how we moved from free Windows to Google Glass is unbelievable.........
    Was thinking the same thing when reading through this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Because chatting about windows being "free for a year" is a waste of time. Half the people already pirate it and are not even gonna upgrade because windows moved from a thin operating system to a memory hungry beast - yeah its fast - AFTER its done eating all your RAM.

A free windows is clearly a trap. Probably has online only features like Destiny
    Memory is not a problem these days as it's so cheap and available and Windows just keeps getting better at managing it. You really don't have to upgrade if you don't want to as I'm sure it's going to be optional and you can always downgrade if you don't like the new one.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Memory is not a problem these days as it's so cheap and available and Windows just keeps getting better at managing it. You really don't have to upgrade if you don't want to as I'm sure it's going to be optional and you can always downgrade if you don't like the new one.
    Modern Browsers are the real memory hogs. I have a Dreamscene for a wallpaper. as well as 8 folders open on a 7 Pro Laptop. Hasn't touched 768MB yet.
    Phone: Nokia 1200 with Satantendo ROM v.3.3
    Laptop: (Pentium III 850 MHz, 512 MB, 60 GB)
    Console: Sega Dreamcast
    Check out my blog: http://satanforce.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Satanforce View Post
    Modern Browsers are the real memory hogs. I have a Dreamscene for a wallpaper. as well as 8 folders open on a 7 Pro Laptop. Hasn't touched 768MB yet.
    Yeah for real. I use firefox with a few extensions and the personas and default theme and have like 20 tabs pinned and between 20-50 others open at times and when I check task manager, my firefox.exe is using up almost 1 gig of RAM by itself. When I play a next gen type game like Dragon Age Inquisition, I have like 1 gig remaining out of my total 8 gigs of RAM, so if that's not efficient I don't know what is .

Anyways I do hope this new start menu is fully customizable as this would be like three steps back for M$:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/28735...tart-menu.html

PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Yeah for real. I use firefox with a few extensions and the personas and default theme and have like 20 tabs pinned and between 20-50 others open at times and when I check task manager, my firefox.exe is using up almost 1 gig of RAM by itself. When I play a next gen type game like Dragon Age Inquisition, I have like 1 gig remaining out of my total 8 gigs of RAM, so if that's not efficient I don't know what is .

Anyways I do hope this new start menu is fully customizable as this would be like three steps back for M$:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/28735...tart-menu.html

My setup is similar. All the at some point , I will HAVE to shut down Flash just to bring down the the memory usage by firefox.exe from 2.3gb to 1.8gb.What's this about a start menu now? I am getting Windows 8.1 next month, so what is this about a Start Menu?
    Phone: Nokia 1200 with Satantendo ROM v.3.3
    Laptop: (Pentium III 850 MHz, 512 MB, 60 GB)
    Console: Sega Dreamcast
    Check out my blog: http://satanforce.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Satanforce View Post
    My setup is similar. All the at some point , I will HAVE to shut down Flash just to bring down the the memory usage by firefox.exe from 2.3gb to 1.8gb.What's this about a start menu now? I am getting Windows 8.1 next month, so what is this about a Start Menu?
    wth 2.3 gigs lol? How much tabs yuh got open so?

Anyways that start menu is how Windows 10 is going to look I think by default and I'm hoping that the final product will give you the option to set it up like the start menu of Windows 7.

Also if you got Windows 7 or 8 now you will be able to get Windows 10 as a free upgrade, so no real need to get 8.1.

Oh, so this is why they can afford to make Windows 10 free lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Oh, so this is why they can afford to make Windows 10 free lol:

I dont get it... What are you implying?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

so now, anybody notice a big future problem with the lens and using hand interactions?

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I dont get it... What are you implying?
    Making the software free so people can actually consider getting the hardware instead of only considering one or the other.

So for example let's say Windows 10 cost like $500 US to upgrade and the Glasses cost about $1000 US, then a regular consumer would most likely get the OS upgrade and forget the glasses. So since the OS is free upgrade, then they can now consider getting or saving to get glasses.