1. I have installed the Styles plugin for WordPress.org but when I try to use it to modify my theme, colours, fonts, etc on my theme I don't see any additional options that would come as a result of my using this plugin. It's the same customize options. Nothing associated with Styles shows up anywhere. How do I access/unlock the features of Styles. I am using the latest version of WordPress and the Styles plugin.

2. I visited the Styles plugin website but they don't teach how to use it, they just start from the assumption that you have already configured it and it works. How do I unlock Styles for my WordPress themes?

3. Also does anyone know of a free alternative to Thumbnail for excerpts plugin that displays text and excerpt image side by side? Easy Custom Auto Excerpt can do it, according to the creator but that's in the premium version. I am using the "Motif" WordPress theme which is free for downloading and use from the WordPress.com themes page. They provide a version for WordPress.org users there. I want my excerpts to show up without the same featured image showing up twice as what happens in Thumbnails for excerpts, when applied.

Please assist.