Thread: Download from T V J & CVMTV

Default Download from T V J & CVMTV

Anyone know any good software to download flv videos from TVJ and CVMTV's websites? I used to use StreamTransport and VSO Downloader but they only download partially and then the process fails. I Googled so many video downloaders and extensions for FireFox and Chrome but nothing so far has been able to work successfully. Most don't detect the videos any at all. This is an issue for me as I sometimes like the content and want to view them but our local channels don't have the ease of downloading like YouTube, Vimeo etc. Can anyone help? I've tried just about everything.

I use an addon in firefox to download youtube and fb, etc videos called Flash Video Downloader (I think). I'll verify name when I get home but you can try it as well as the others in this list:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...atform=windows
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Those option won't work. Any user friendly SW that can "capture" those stream will only screen cap the portion of your window that video is playing in. It's the same way with capturing Hulu videos. The best option would be getting a very good signal and TV tuner card with video capturing.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Default Capturing Videos From Jamaican TV Channels Via Capture Card and FLOW Cable Service

Hi again all. I have a TV tuner I bought in early October and it's really great at what it does except the fact that you can only capture in an MPG format and not in MP4, MOV or AVI. I am using Windows 8.1. The software that came with the capture card is Arc Total Media but that is lame and Adobe Premiere CC 2014 doesn't recognize my TV tuner at all. So I am seeking another alternative to Total Media that can capture videos in HD so I won't have to convert from MPG to MP4 when I capture clips from CVM TV and TVJ to keep and watch when I'm ready.

TVJ, I think, broadcasts in HD now but my capture card doesn't match up to the regular TV quality version I see on my regular flat screen TV which isn't even an HDTV. I just want the highest quality file that I can get for my videos. The quality I am getting now is waaayy sub-mediocre and I want better. In fact when Total Media captures videos they amount to 1 and a half gigabytes individually and I have to compress and convert them to mp4 using iSkySoft and then split into segments to suit my needs while Wondershare is messy and converts either too small or way too large!

I have Flow at home and the quality is very pleasing to the eyes with CVMTV and especially TVJ which is the best local channel on local TV or local cable, no disrespect to RETV and Hype but TVJ's local programmes are the best. Can anyone tell me what to use to get a better quality capture from my video capture card? The one I have is a non name brand but I have seen where it can do great things. I don't use HDMI cable to link my TV with my PC, I use the traditional cables found on regular TVs, from tubes to other non flat screens.

I don't have any such cables and i don't know where to get them. But my PC is new and should be able to receive better quality versions of videos from the TV than is displayed on the TV and I know it's possible, even without HDMI. Where do they sell HDMI cables at a cheap price around JA$2,000 or less. I have so many clips I want to capture and that's why I bought my TV tuner, to capture videos. Should I buy a brand new VHS tape to capture videos on even though I capture videos as I play, like a net so that when something I am expecting to come can just be captured without using my VCR even though all devices are connected?

Would I get a better result with HDMI cables, if so, why? And what are HDMI cables and their roles in technology and situations like these. If I can get away with a better quality capture using a different software I'd be glad. I've seen where regular quality captures are achieved at my workplace which doesn't use HDMI and the quality is superb with the standard cables so what is going on in my case?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/hd-video-capture-card

Let's get into this a bit. This will be quick and dirty. I'm not getting into any massive details.

VIDEO
    We all watch them but when it comes to capture and editing things are a little more complicated than what you think.

CONTAINERS
    MP4 - AVI - MKV - OGM - etc............all of these are simply CONTAINERS. They hold a minimum of ONE stream - either a video or audio stream - and the stream can be in multiple formats based on the capability of the container. You can have any of the above with a video stream done in MPG - MP2 - ASF - DIVX - H.264 - etc..........audio can be in any other format such as WMA - MP3 - WAV - etc...........

I'm really just using the more popular formats that are known, but there are others and there are also rules that say some formats cannot go into some containers. Truly the most flexible ones are MKV, MP4 and OGM - not necessarily in that order. Some containers may also house subtitle files and some older containers (such as AVI) can be hacked to allow unsupported streams to be used.

The limitations of your software recording only to MPG is a limitation of the software - nothing to do with your hardware.

QUALITY
    There is a rule to this. You can't - and I mean can't - get good quality with a reduced size. It's just not possible. You have two different compression types - LOSSLESS and LOSSY. Aside from those you also have RAW/UNCOMPRESSED which is hella huge. Requires a massive amount of space. Gives the best possible quality.

If you're recording directly to your PC then there are basically two ways about it - either your system does the encoding or some dedicated hardware assists the encoding. This can be in the form of a card or USB attached device, and still some of the work may be offloaded to your GPU if supported.

HIGH QUALITY RECORDING
    Better technology exists with HDMI versus RCA or coaxial for high quality video streams. If you want better video get better hardware. If you're find with what you're getting on your TV then the issue is with your recording hardware. Change that. If you see where others online use the same hardware and get better results find out what software they use. If they use the same software then I have a theory why they get better results - they tweak the settings.

Recording to an uncompressed format, or a format like MPG (which can either be MPEG or MPEG2 video) isn't that bad and is the main format (MPEG2 video) used for DVD video. You should at least be able to get that quality video out of your card if others get better. You'll have to change the settings to allow for a larger file - less compression - do your recording then convert/compress it after. DIVX is now free and does a pretty decent job with little or no tweaking of the settings. Just ensure you get the initial capture going fine.

Another thing to look out for is deinterlacing your video. This may help with lines or grains that you may be getting. If you really want to get into the capture thing then you may want to get the necessary hardware including some of them gold-plated connectors with ferrite and such to reduce interference and all that.

I'm not going to recommend to you anything specific because everyone gets different results based on what they use.

If you want further help then post the model of the card or USB device you're using. We already know the software. Once we have that we can look it up and see if it can or can't do what you're looking for.

As for your online website video capture issues - you want something like http://camstudio.org or http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html
    Last edited by khat17; Dec 14, 2014 at 09:43 AM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    Those option won't work. Any user friendly SW that can "capture" those stream will only screen cap the portion of your window that video is playing in. It's the same way with capturing Hulu videos. The best option would be getting a very good signal and TV tuner card with video capturing.
    Oh my bad, wasn't thinking about streaming. Well yeah a TV Tuner would be your best option, unless you got a Nvidia card from 600 series up you can use the desktop screen capture in Shadow Play software as an alternative:

Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow