Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S5 Sold 4 Million Units Less Than The Galaxy S4

Default Galaxy S5 Sold 4 Million Units Less Than The Galaxy S4

Bwoy, if you ask me, Samsung is a walking bomb waiting to explode...
    Them rise to the top quick and now they failing just as quick..

There have been sings that the Galaxy S5 was not living up to expectations since July – analysts reported that the 2014 flagship sold 2 million units less in May compared to the Galaxy S4 for the same period after its launch. Weak quarterly results confirmed that there's trouble brewing.

A Wall Street Journal article claims to know the reason – Galaxy S5 sales never picked up. In fact, 2013 model reportedly sold 4 million units more than its replacement for the same period. This caused the company to miss sales estimates as Samsung was predicting a 20% jump for the new model. Now all the extra production is laying in warehouses.

Samsung did well in the US, but that's the only country where sales increased. In China Samsung reportedly experienced a sharp 50% drop compared to last year's flagship.

Recovery plans are already in motion. The company revealed it will put out fewer new models next year (25% to 30%). There may be a shake-up in leadership too, the mobile chief position may be transferred from JK Shin to BK Yoon, who currently runs the TV and Home appliances.

http://www.gsmarena.com/wsj_galaxy_s...news-10294.php
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

RubberBand Man Guest

Simply put a lot of people didn't see the need to upgrade from a S4 to a S5

Quote Originally Posted by RubberBand Man View Post
    Simply put a lot of people didn't see the need to upgrade from a S4 to a S5
    This ^

And their outrageous pricing isnt helping.

I wouldnt spend the money to go from S4 to S5. Just as how I skipped Note 3.

Now Galaxy S series cost >$700 and Note Cost >$800. When they use to be <$600 and <$700 respectively.

They are shooting themselves in the foot. Most android users arent brain dead like most apple users. So trying to price as Apple will = fail.

I can afford it, but there is no way I am spending $800 on a phone.

With that said. Samsung is still leading every android seller out there.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    With that said. Samsung is still leading every android seller out there.
    Only because of the share magnitude of phones Samsung has...
    At the same time that is helping to kill Samsung.. Man them make too much damn phone.

It's sad thou cause they make good phones.. Note3/4 rocks.. S5 is ok too...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Only because of the share magnitude of phones Samsung has...
    At the same time that is helping to kill Samsung.. Man them make too much damn phone.

It's sad thou cause they make good phones.. Note3/4 rocks.. S5 is ok too...

Their main sellers are the Galaxy S series, that are made every year.

So dont even bother with that argument Lol.

HTC would love to sell as much Htc ones as samsung sold S5 even though it is apparently 4million less than S4.

And no it is not sad. Serves them right, they feel they are might now and can over price stuff.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Samsung is the new Sony Ericsson...
    Where is Sony Ericsson now??? Where is Technoboy...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Samsung is the new Sony Ericsson...
    Where is Sony Ericsson now??? Where is Technoboy...
    DWL! Jah know Techno deh yah man.

Wrong... Samsung is still on top. Sony was never on top. Back then it was Nokia and Apple. Even though we didnt use Nokia, they shipped the most phones every year back then.

HTC is the new Sony ericsson. From top of the hill to the bottom of the barrel in one year. Samsung been champions since s3 (For Android).

When they reach HTC levels then I will agree. Bout ultra pixels lol!
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

jomo Guest

Only reason I went to s4 to s5 is battery life and I had a note 3 in between so I couldn't go back to s4,dem lame out FI true... Need to step up dem game in 2015!

Im willing to switch to HTC LG or even bb if dem come wid sumn better, only reason I'm still using a s5 instead of a g3 or sumn is my gear watch... Mad

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Only reason I went to s4 to s5 is battery life and I had a note 3 in between so I couldn't go back to s4,dem lame out FI true... Need to step up dem game in 2015!

Im willing to switch to HTC LG or even bb if dem come wid sumn better, only reason I'm still using a s5 instead of a g3 or sumn is my gear watch... Mad
    So let me get this straight. Them lame out but you cant find better.

LOL
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Samsung's reign in coming to an end. Every company has their time to reign then egos get inflated and they start doing crap, forcing them to the bottom of the barrel. Just study your Tech history and you will see this trend. I have decided not to buy the Note 4 and like Pezz, it's not because I can't afford to, but simply because there is nothing phenomenally new or different to gain from procuring the Note 4. Whenever my Note 3 needs replacement for whatever reason I will buy whatever is current. People are making more practical decisions these days with how to spend their hard earned cash. The whole fad and novelty of having the latest and best smartphone is slowly wearing off now. Which is why they are trying to create a new "tech need" that of Smartwatches. I have no problems with Samsung phones like Jomo is having. Jomo wants to look different, have something hype...that's his desire and he's entitled to it... I just want to have something practical to serve me as a tool to enhance my productivity and fulfil my entertainment needs. So I really don't care much for superficial changes. I just need innovation that will enhance my tech life, and Samsung is losing it's Mojo, however Samsung is still the best to-date. No other company can beat Samsung presently, making Samsung the most practical for me.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.