Thread: Static Front Page for WordPress with Blog posts area separate

wii.live07 Guest

Default Static Front Page for WordPress with Blog posts area separate

I have been using every video on YouTube as to how to turn my WordPress blog into a website with a home page that isn't blog style, just a website. But I want to create a means by which the readers can click on a link or a menu bar item to take them to the blog posts. I am using WordPress 4.0 but so far no videos can tell me how to create a static front page with a blog section separate.

All the video are old and I see no means by which to make the blog pages active and accessible with the click of a link in WordPress 4 where things are much different.

I went into page attributes, settings: "Reading" and I was able to make the front page static with success but when it comes to making the blog part accessible I don't see the same options page layout as I do in the YouTube videos, things are different. There is no blog item to select in that same Reading section to say I want my blog there and page attributes has no option to do this as far as I can see.

Can someone please assist me with this. Try experimenting with WordPress 4 and see how it's done and give me detailed or understandable steps as to how to achieve this.

have you tried adding a recent posts widget to the sidebar. Then create a menu item linking to the page that shows your blog posts as well. For menus is just drag and drop most of the time. Where things can be added depends on the template u are using.

Last edited by semitop; Nov 11, 2014 at 11:30 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo