Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digicel rolls out new internet packages

Default Digicel rolls out new internet packages

they have two plans for each time period. starter and starter plus and bundles now roll over. not bad at all...... social media even is still accessible on plus plans after mb run out.......

the downside though is that mb have been reduced.......... that is thumbs down

http://www.digiceljamaica.com/en/plans/4g-mobile-plans
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

RubberBand Man Guest

I think i will stick with LIME's 30 Day 1GB prepaid plan...

DWL, digicel has gone totally mad, the only reason i don't give the know how to hack them is because they'll realize how its done and shut me out, why on earth should people be given 200 megabytes, more time i wonder if its a CRACK HEAD running the marketing team, lime just needs to finish upgrading their 3g and then we'll all see who is the bigger better network.
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

I believe these plans have been out for quite sometime now, noone wants them
    as mega man said, i prefer wait til LIME finish upgrade especially in my area to use their service.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Wow, those plans are cray. I prefer to have a little data over a longer period of time because I not watching youtube videos on my phone. I have even set my phone to 2g/3g because I realised that my battery lasts longer.

You notice on the section of the page where they talk about the out of bundle charges that they use a smaller font..., for the blackberry plan I have always wonder why bother have BB service 1 day and 2 days 500MB for the same $100 .....just don't make sense to state both on the same table....

As any one read the service agreement.
    The Service allows the Customer to have access to standard WAP and WEB data browsing within an all-inclusive bundled package, however certain protocols may have restricted access or be blocked some data plans where indicated. Restrictions may include but are not limited to Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP), tethering high definition video and peer to peer communication.
    Last edited by Dre'; Nov 7, 2014 at 05:52 AM.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    As any one read the service agreement.
    you dont say, that means when you buy the plan your are basically agreeing to the contract.... smart digicel, smart.

But doesnt digicel phones have wifi hotspot app??? when i updated to AT&T kitkat i lost that ability........
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

I used the previous plans on a regular, but I am not touching these new ones with a long stick. Tethering is only available for the Data Max Plans (Monthly plans). None of the starter plans support tethering. Digging into Digicel's *137# menu confirms this...

I always thought tethering was device related, but it seems to be network implemented. I have tried a GSII, DL700, DL600 and LG G3. None of these devices support tethering on the starter plans as of yesterday. Devices connect but remain offline.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

I'm now able to browse with 3.5G speed from LIME in the Duhaney Park area.And I also tried their 50 MB data plan for 3 days on my old Symbian Phone at a cost of $50.