Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TitanFall Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Mostly publishers, developers just make the games and get a pay cheque
    So true. I was going to blame EA for this but maybe Ubisoft is the real culprit here.

Heck I'm not sure who to really blame cause this Destiny game get so much hate and love and still almost 10 million people play it, even with the constant DLC's they keep making for it.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

dont forget that it also "ALWAYS ONLINE"

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    dont forget that it also "ALWAYS ONLINE"
    I remember like 7 years ago all games gave the ability to host your own dedicated servers.

I only buy games for <$15. So they can continue removing features.

EDIT:

Even this game Titanfall. In development the developers said there wouldnt be any paid DLC.
    I said I would buy the game at launch for full price. Close to release they changed and said there will be paid dlc.

Guess what I didnt buy it.
    Last edited by pezz; Nov 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Titanfall Seasons pass is free until 12am.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Titanfall Seasons pass is free until 12am.
    Thought you didn't buy the game? What happened lol?
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Thought you didn't buy the game? What happened lol?
    2 post above... <$15 = buy.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Yeah, I made the first thread on it but never got it due to Origin issues I was having then. Since Call of Duty: Advance Warfare seems to have some mechanics in this game I may get that instead mainly cause it also has a single player mode.

DLC's are becoming the norm for developers these days and I think Steam is to blame for this. But hey milking money is the thing this gen and everyone needs to eat more so yeah.
    Whoa slap on your brakes their sir.
    DLC has nothing to do with steam, DLC comes from Publishers trying to milk more money on consoles with smaller downloads.
    Though honestly it started out fine, extra content for a little extra later down the line to try and keep their game alive. Publishers like EA and the rest saw that they could also slice off bits of the game before release and sell it and people would buy it. About the time that Xbox system game out and the market really began to grow, their were more people who didn't know or care about the inner works of the industry and just had money to burn. Since they kept buying this stuff, the publishers kept doing it. Capitalism, if someone will pay you for feces then you can sell them feces.

If anything you can tell Steam to sort out it's allowing Early Access to become too big on their platform and also not curating games and letting some developers/publishers slip by with broken games on their service. Games that flat out just go to a black screen half way in with a message that they never got to finish the game.
    Also for letting scummy publishers dive bomb the front page with releases of 10 year old games that haven't even been optimized to run on new systems. Though this is less of an issue now with the new steam front page system and curators. But still steam Curator your shyt even GoG does that at least.

If you want to slap someone about DLC slap EA and their buddies.
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Lightning View Post
    Whoa slap on your brakes their sir.
    DLC has nothing to do with steam, DLC comes from Publishers trying to milk more money on consoles with smaller downloads.
    Though honestly it started out fine, extra content for a little extra later down the line to try and keep their game alive. Publishers like EA and the rest saw that they could also slice off bits of the game before release and sell it and people would buy it. About the time that Xbox system game out and the market really began to grow, their were more people who didn't know or care about the inner works of the industry and just had money to burn. Since they kept buying this stuff, the publishers kept doing it. Capitalism, if someone will pay you for feces then you can sell them feces.

If anything you can tell Steam to sort out it's allowing Early Access to become too big on their platform and also not curating games and letting some developers/publishers slip by with broken games on their service. Games that flat out just go to a black screen half way in with a message that they never got to finish the game.
    Also for letting scummy publishers dive bomb the front page with releases of 10 year old games that haven't even been optimized to run on new systems. Though this is less of an issue now with the new steam front page system and curators. But still steam Curator your shyt even GoG does that at least.

If you want to slap someone about DLC slap EA and their buddies.
    Lol, all that you said is kinda what I was trying to say, but thanks for pointing out the details. I know it's the publishers that dish out these DLC's, but steam is the one allowing them to flood the PC market and not to mention again those stupid early access we all see is worse than these DLC's.

Anyways yo what's your steam name mi add yuh?

Lol, all that you said is kinda what I was trying to say, but thanks for pointing out the details. I know it's the publishers that dish out these DLC's, but steam is the one allowing them to flood the PC market and not to mention again those stupid early access we all see is worse than these DLC's.

Anyways yo what's your steam name mi add yuh?
    Trouble is I think since they Publishers are having the devs do it. They wouldn't be able to stop them without just denying PC games the extra content that are sometimes good. I buy games a year late most of the time on sale. Game of the Year Edition will all the DLC.

My Steam name: Raikouno

Oh speaking of early access. (Lol.) Sign up for the Beta of this game. It's smash on PC basically. It's really fun. I haven't bought into it because on principle I don't buy early access. But they gave out beta keys so I got one and really enjoying the game so far. They gave some characters new specials recently.
    http://www.brawlhalla.com/
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

One R9 290 everything on High except the Nvidia fail feature.

4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup