Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digicel spamming phone with ads from other companies

Default Digicel spamming phone with ads from other companies

isnt Digicel in the biz of telecommunication.....and telecom only
    Why are they spamming my phone with advertisement from other companies to include Hawkeye.....isn't this suppose to be illegal since my contract with Digicel was to provide phone service only.

I think digicels Is going too far and their operation should be brought up for scrutiny.
    The only way to discover the limits of the possible...is to go beyond them into the impossible. BBerry Bold 9000

Long time dem a spam people phone but with dem own ads, but this one is new, are you sure its directly from Digi . If this is indeed coming from dem then this represents a all new low for Digicel. Post the message and number its coming from.
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Oct 17, 2014 at 11:06 AM.

jomo Guest

Wtf! If Dat ever reach me pon postpaid MI disconnect immediately

The entire ads read......DIGICELMORE...15% off HAWKEYES Camera systems for your home and business now-November 30th. Call 24/7 on 926-4295 and ask about your free inspection/survey!

Sender: DIGICELMORE
    The only way to discover the limits of the possible...is to go beyond them into the impossible. BBerry Bold 9000

That DigicelMore number has been spamming for a couple months now. Ads include hawkeye, swizzle, gas pro, ncb, loop and several road shows.

I get these too. How do I UNSUBSCRIBE from their listing? I don't want any more messages about any of their promotions.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    I get these too. How do I UNSUBSCRIBE from their listing? I don't want any more messages about any of their promotions.
    I've always wanted for a long time to Stop Digicel from spamming my phone...isnt there some legal action that the FTC or Consumer affairs commission can take to have customers detached or to end spamming.

This is getting out of hand, Digicel is using its contracted customer to earn from ads secretly.....this need to stop.

jomo Guest

From what I've heard and read in here, you can ask them to take you OFF THE LIST, however, they add you back after a while and start spamming you again!

I wouldn't put up with it, I'm glad I a postpaid

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    From what I've heard and read in here, you can ask them to take you OFF THE LIST, however, they add you back after a while and start spamming you again!

I wouldn't put up with it, I'm glad I a postpaid
    i unticked the options from their App for Android and haven't gotten spam for the last 4 months.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    i unticked the options from their App for Android and haven't gotten spam for the last 4 months.
    THANK YOU!!!
    I never checked for that option before. I just used the app to switch between data plans.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread