Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Digicel To Build Islandwide Cable TV Network

Heard from a Digicel contractor doing a line survey for fiber install (outside Kingston) today that Kingston is scheduled for Digicel triple play FTTH in 4 months and surrounding boroughs soon after.

Interesting, apparently I missed that part about FTTH in digicel's announcement a couple weeks ago. That 4 month timeline sounds overly ambitious.

First I heard as well. I just happened to be out when the crew walked the road. After I asked what they were doing, I quizzed him about when I could have it installed at my home in Kingston (Liguanea area). As he was not from here (Jamaica) I was never sure if that (4 months) was when I could have it installed or when they were just going to start roughing in the cable. I asked twice to make sure he meant installed/working in the home. He said yes both times. It was very clear to me that it was to be fiber and not copper. He said it's only what they are here for. The surveys are being done on foot, going pole to pole and house to house.

Until Digicel can get its own Undersea Fibre .it will be going through Flow or Lime off Island so there final prices will always be greater than their competitors in the regards of FTTH

I agree with your assessment. Considering that they have completed undersea fibre acquisitions throughout the rest of the Caribbean only thing that appears to remain is a license from the Government to run a cable to one of their other landing points.

http://www.digicelgroup.com/en/media...-the-caribbean